2017 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Worst car owned ever 2017 Sienna
By Steve Lim

2017 Toyota Sienna XLE Premium 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

Transmission extremely poor. Not shifting on time and kept down shifting while turning, slowing down. So I have to bring it up at least 5k RPM to maintain the speed. Feels like V4/1500cc car. No power at all. Anyone sees this comment don't buy sienna!!!

good. not great
By steve

2017 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

this van is NOT made like our past 2001 sienna. looks cheap. reliability so far ok with 19000 miles after 1 yr. can’t read dash in day time. not sure why they designed it this way but it’s basically all black also Air conditioner and heater controls are so confusing even after one year I can’t get used to it. but if he keeps running and not breaking down I guess I can live without that

Transmission failure after 10K miles
By Calin V

2017 Toyota Sienna XLE Premium 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

After 10k miles the car start making a whining noise when accelerating over 30 mph. Searching online reveals that it's a common problem that leads to complete transmission failure, however the dealer refuses to fix the noise until the transmission fails completely. It's not a pleasant experience driving a car with kids inside waiting for transmission to fail. Now I need to talk to lawyers and file for the Lemon Law. The acceleration overall is very bad, the car feels like an under powered big box on wheels. The interior quality is very low, the car squeaks from everywhere. Fuel economy is awful, I get around 10 mpg in the city and the car drives really bad. If you think you buy it because it's a Toyota think again because they are no longer what they used to be.

Don't even consider buying a Toyota Sienna
By Ron

2017 Toyota Sienna XLE Premium 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

This Mini Van gas mileage is no where near the listed amount on the sticker. We drove the Mini Van on a 3,900 mile trip which was 99% open road and averaged just over 22 miles per gallon. The Navigation system is terrible and we had to us the Garmin on the trip. Zero dealer support. I have owned two Avalon's and one Sienna in the past and this current Sienna is not up to past standards. I will never purchase another Toyota in my life.

Run flats are flat
By Mike Roth

2017 Toyota Sienna Limited Premium 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

The run flat tires on Sienna 's have a history of problems back to 2006. I had spoken with the San Francisco Toyota dealer who assured me this was resolved. Yes, indeed, by 19,000 I was purchasing a new set so they resolved it, in favor of Toyota and Bridgestone. We took into the snow with 4,000 miles on it and about 5 inches of snow, the AWD performed poorly, as compared to the 2008 Sienna AWD we used to own, both with Bridgestone run flat tires. Further, the brakes warped by 12,000. Toyota did replace those brakes after a lot of complaining. We have had Toyota sienna's before. But paying so much for this limited AWD sienna vehicle and disappointments with safety features of tires and Brakes, have made me question Toyota's claim of listening to the consumer. This will be our last Sienna.