Used 1998 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1998 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Extremely Reliable, Great Value
By Alicks

1998 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

Overall, the best vehicle I've ever owned in my 30 years of driving. In about 220k miles, I've done oil changes and paid for tires, brakes, and a new timing belt. Otherwise, it has been perfect. The driving condition is comfortable, and the leather seats have held up well. Removing the back seats is easy, if you have a place to put them. If you want to remove the middle row seats, it can be a pain, but that is offset by the fact that they are very comfortable. Overall, the best automotive value I've experienced (and I've owned one of just about every nameplate). Not sexy at all, but if you are looking for that, you don't want a Minivan anyway.

Extremely comfortable seats, great driving position and visability. Very quiet. Shifts smoothly, with great pickup.

Who was the idiot who made the rear opening 47.5 inches? Another 1/2 inch would allow a piece of plywood or drywall to be transported.

1998 Sienna
By jim

1998 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

Excellent performance with comfortable ride on long trips. No maintenance problems with all routine maintenance done at dealer's shop. New tires on at 63000 miles.

Excellent performance with full loading on surface roads and freeways. 6 seater handy when required. Seats removeable.

Possible to add luggage rack on top

1998 Toyota Sienna Review
By O. Major

1998 Toyota Sienna LE 3dr Minivan

Purchased new and has been an excellent vehicle. Storage space in the very rear has been lacking. Otherwise, quiet, smooth and very reliable.

Drivetrain - smooth & quiet,

Currently the factory running boards have rusted out and can no longer be stepped on........... a little disappointing, Everything else works & looks like new !!

our 98 sienna
By ridgemooor

1998 Toyota Sienna CE 3dr Minivan

This car has proven to be an unbelievable value. The ride is as smooth as silk. Great power. No repairs. Gas, oil and tires and tune- ups. The paint job makes the car still look nearly new.

1998 Toyota Sienna LE
By Glosser Family of CA

1998 Toyota Sienna LE 3dr Minivan

We bought our van when our son was a baby as I wanted something that was reliable and would keep us safe. This has been a great family van! Our dog and cats have traveled in it, we have taken it on trips. The best thing is that when I was rearended last year the van did its job and protected us and I was THRILLED when it was able to be repaired. Last week the van did its job once again and protected my son and I when we were rearended by a LARGE truck. I am sad to say that the van is not able to be fixed. I will miss it and am planning to get another Sienna.

I love the power outlets all over the van. Of course, the cup holders are great! The seats are very comfortable.Tilt wheel. Second sliding door.