Used 2011 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

Used RAV4 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...13

Pros
Cons

Unplanned Purchase, but so Far, so Good

chuck17015, 08/27/2011

I wasn't planning to get another car for another year or so, but when the postcard came in the mail, I went to check this vehicle out. Took the test drive and liked the ride. I was coming out of a Honda Fit, so driving this around felt like driving a beast, but I kinda liked it. The Fit was a nice little car with great gas milage, but I just wanted something a bit more capable. Also, the Fit was rather a slow vehicle for something so small. I'm happy to say The Rav4's base 4 cylinder actually is quicker than the Fit. The handling is good, not as good as the CRV I once drove, but still solid. The ride is smoother than either of the other vehicles. Still, the gas milage is pretty low.

90 Day Review

sheepleking, 08/30/2011

Purchased a '11 Limited RAV4 (Pyrite Mica color) in May and have driven approx 4900 miles in that time. Overall I'm pleased with the performance and features. Gas mileage has been approx. 22 mpg in mixed driving with a high of 26.5 for a 600 mile trip to see family in Missouri. A couple gripes are a few rattles/creaks coming from the console (to the right of the shifter) and the passenger seat (underneath near the rails). I've also had a consistent tapping noise when I am at idle (appt set for this week to have it looked at). Would rate build quality at 3.5 if that was an option. Overall I'm pleased with the purchase and have yet to encounter any "buyers remorse".

More sporty than crossovers

jstorbeck, 09/29/2011

After considering and test driving a lot of small SUV's including the Jeep Liberty, Chevy Equinox, Ford Escape, and Cadillac suv, I ran across the RAV4. I had always read good reviews but I hated the look of the tire on the back. The Sport model solves that with run flat tires and no spare tire. Pickup is good in the V6 and I like that it doesn't look like the "mommy crossovers". It's built on its own frame. Dashboard controls are easy to reach and black. After about 4 months I am getting 19 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway. The paint on this car is amazing and durable. My only complaints are road noise is a little more than I would like and the gas tank is a little small.

Purchased 7-3-11. Love RAV4!

lovemyrav4, 07/11/2011

I have owned my RAV4 for a week now. Left my comfy Tahoe LT and I am very happy with my purchase. Already took it on long road trip 1000 miles. The RAV4 was amazing!! Did not feel the bumps in the road. Very smooth. Easy to handle. Gas mileage was good. Visual clearance was excellent. No noticeable road noise. Lots of get up and go! The tailgate is NOT too heavy. I am a small person too! There is so much room back there. Also extra mini-trunk is a bonus. Driver's seat was a little hard after a few hours, but had pillow to help. Also steering wheel is like holding onto a metal bar, but also fixable! Back seat is very comfortable with lots of leg room. RAV4 is excellent!

Excellent small SUV with Mid Size room

bholabhala, 10/14/2011

I have a V6 with beige interior black exterior. The vehicle is unbeleivebly fast and fuel efficient. I am clocking 24MPG (Combined HWY & City) and 29 MPG highway mileage. This is real good for a V6 SUV.

12345...13