Used 2004 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews - 166 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

rav4 -great car
By Mark R

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 1 year and 2 months. It has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned in my life. I got the car at 80 k miles and now it has 91 k miles. I have to replace the suspension for $1,000 but I will happily do so. I know this vehicle will last me a long time. I did get the pioneer touch screen, but I recommend the car play one- wish I had that one. I have a backup camera that syncs with my touch screen radio. I recently used a headlight kit to freshen the look. I recommend getting quality snow tires if you live in a snowy area. The only thing I don't like is the gas mileage which is around 20-24mpg. I am just so happy that for once in my life I have a reliable vehicle. My mechanic says my car is in great shape. I am very happy with this purchase and it's very easy to park!
I have seen a lot of reviews about this car and I expect to get a lot of miles out of this. I take my car in for the recommend maintenance as said in the manual.

Great heart in a small package!
By Pat Lynch

2004 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a used car that's 13 years old, and I've had it for 9 of those years. This car has made me a loyal fan of smaller SUV's, and I think Toyota is tops. No major repairs have been made on the car - just oil changes and tires. It has a few little dings and quirks but nothing to get too excited about.

rav4 my friend
By mark r

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

bought an 04 awd for 6500 with 80,000 miles- black with moonroof. It looks great. I bought bc the acceleration was fast and Toyota is a reliable car. I did hours of reading on consumer reports and opted for the 04 model bc the 01-03 model has ecm issues. Upon getting the vehicle I had to replace the rotors and pads, as well as an 02 sensor. I had an 06 outback trubo fully loaded and it died around 110,000 miles due to a failed turbo- never buy a car with a turbo. The front seats are not comfortable in the rav4 so I bought a lumbar pillow. I have a low mileage one and will keep up with the maintenacen schedule. it is fun to drive and I'm glad I have awd here in new England. Almost bought a lexus but the having awd small suv was better than fwd sedan. I'm excited and hope this car lasts a long time. I use premium gas only. I was also considering a crv but the 2004 crv looks to square and the 04 rav4 looks new still.

Dependable
By C G

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Love my '04 Rav4 4ever
By MayDay

2004 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This was my first car purchase ever. I knew I wanted an SUV, but not a giant gas guzzler. I love that I can for the most part fit into most parking spaces. It does drive like a car. This car now has 130,000 miles and still going strong. I wish Toyota made them convertibles at that time bc then this would be my car forever. I've always wanted a convertible SUV, which there is one available now, that I am considering getting. But I am so attached to my Rav. Good thing my brother is going to buy it from me, bc it definitely deserves a good home. It actually has good sound too. I sure am going to miss my Rav if I do end up selling it. I'm fighting back tears as I write this review...sniff sniff.