2017 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Buyer Beware of Windshield Issues
By disappointed renter

2017 Toyota Prius Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

In May 2018 rented a 2017 Toyota Prius Three with Technology Package (Heads Up Display (HUD), moon roof, satelite radio) for one-week of long distance and local travel from local dealership. I planned on purchasing a Prius so thought this would be a good way to see if I liked it. Last day of rental a rock hit windshield and created a small hole, less than the size of a dime. Returned to dealership where it was rented and they stated windshield needed to be replaced. Estimate from dealership to replace windshield is $850.00 from their vendor, $1,400.00 from Toyota parts department. Researched the issue and apparently there is a class action lawsuit against Toyota due to faulty windshields on 2016/2017 Toyota Prius's. Not sure if issue was corrected for 2018 models. Apparently if a vehicle has the HUD you cannot replace it with a regular windshield, it must be a certain type of windshield that has a film on the interior side of the windshield for HUD to display. Highly recommend you do your research on this vehicle and windshield issue prior to purchasing. Online forums have stated Toyota dealerships will not replace faulty windshields even with vehicle under warranty. Gas mileage was great at 65 MPG plus but not sure about reliablity of windshields. Yes, some insurance companies will replace for no to low cost however after spending $20K plus for a vehicle is this something you really want to deal with?

Nice car with a few major drawbacks
By saganagans

2017 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

1. Simple but miserable design of sun visors. Visor does NOT SLIDE so sun coming in side window cannot be blocked. A very inexpensive design flaw! Also, the blue tooth system does not communicate with smart easily. This needs fixing.

Best Prius yet
By Wade S

2017 Toyota Prius Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We looked for a couple of months trying to find a Prius 3 in the sea glass pearl color, couldn't find one that was with in 500 miles of our state, so I order one with all the options that my wife wanted on her car. Had to wait 10 weeks for the car but I can say it was well worth it. This is our 3rd Prius, the first was a 2008 Prius II, the second which we still have is a Prius 4 and now the 2018 Prius III with the technology package. My wife loves the sea glass pearl color with the moonstone interior, the only complaint that she has with the interior is she lost some storage due to the smaller glove box and that some items she used to place under the seats in the front won't fit due to they sit lower in the 2018. She Loves the Sunroof and much improved in my opinion from the sunroof in my 2012 Prius. The Seats are very comfortable and love the way the interior is laid out. She especially loves the heads up display with the speed limit posted next to it your current speed. She also loves the lane assist and the cross traffic alert. Ride and handling are much improved from the 2012. Gas Mileage is much is improved as well. We are most impressed with the Fantastic gas mileage. First tank of gas with mixed driving computer said we averaged 67.8 mpg computer was actually a little off, we had a little over half a tank and had 375 miles on odometer and I filled up with 5.2 gallons which if you calculate is 72.11 mpg. I did the math a couple of times because I could not believe this mileage. All I can say is if you looking for a great car with fantastic gas mileage this is the Prius is a great choice. My wife has had some very nice cars that were way more expensive than the Prius, and she will not drive anything but the Prius now.

Everything I expect and, then some!
By Sold On Prius

2017 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great car for mileage, reliability, safety, drive-ability, utility,comfort, and more! For example, The mileage significantly exceeds the estimates printed on the sticker; the Prius has always been a very reliable car; the safety features are outstanding; there's plenty of room for people and cargo; the ride and comfort are improved over previous models, due to Toyota's New Global Architecture platform. THIS CAR IS THE REAL DEAL!

Great car. Love it!
By Michael Fellows

2017 Toyota Prius Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my third Prius. Each one is better. I love the gas mileage and now the warnings for cross traffic and cars in my blind spot. I still haven't used some of the other features to comment on them yet.