Used 2014 Toyota Prius c Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Toyota Prius c Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius c model:

Though basic, small and no frills its worth having
By feline143

2014 Toyota Prius c Hatchback One 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great commuter car. Not much storage space. Ok comfortwise, but fabulous in gas mileage. It does depend on how you drive it what MPG you'll get. Surprisingly zippy for a economy car. People are always surprised when I pass them, especially on hills. Braking system takes a little getting used to. It doesn't feel like any other car I've driven. Super reliable. I've had mine for 2 and a half years. It was a rental car before I bought it used at about 47K miles. I now have just over 100K on it. Check engine light only ever came on once, about a year ago. Some kind of sensor went bad but I don't recall what it was. I could still drive it normally but I didn't want to put off fixing, just in case. $200 repair, no biggie. Other than that its all been regular maintenance. I'm selling it now because I need more space but boy am I ever going to miss that gas mileage!

Prius C
By Pvc

2014 Toyota Prius c Hatchback Four 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

lots of cargo room with rear seats folded down. very good visibllity in hwy driving. Fun to drive. Handles rough roads well... Mpg of 54 without even trying.

Great car
By Joe

It's a Toyota. Excellent reputation, quality and comfort. Others complain about the storage but I brought home a 52" tv in mine. Very quiet except when floored. Not a GT or racer but great every day transportation. 40k miles and the tires are still about 60%. $30 for oil (Mobile 1 0w20 Green) and filter at autozone. I couldn't be more satisfied. I am a single retired guy so this might not be a good fit for a family with kids, but that would be true for any car this size.

Great Little car,
By Mel Bee

2014 Toyota Prius c Hatchback Two 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very good car. Excellent workmanship, everything is tight with no rattles (as with Detroit products). Not a speedster but you get use to not pulling in front of people. This was my first Japanese car. I have had many Detroit specials, but no longer.

A great purchase
By Frank S

I've only had the car less than 1 month but so far it is everything I had hoped it would be. It's my commuter car / kid shuttle. It handles great on city streets and has a surprising amount of pickup. Hope we have a long future together.