Used 2010 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander Hybrid model:

Good sub
By Steve

2010 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Don’t need hunted at fuel low prices

What a car...
By Dmitri Jesserer

2010 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My Dad, Brother, and I went to buy this car on memorial day of 2009, when the car was just launched. It is the Limited Hybrid Model with the 3.3 Gas Hybrid System. We Traded our 2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Van. We got 15,000 off through trade in. We negotiated for 30 minutes and got the deal. 33,400 final total with everything. Regular MSRP for this model was 48,400. We ABSOLUTELY love our Highlander. We have had it for 8 years and 152,000 miles. With very little maintenance, just from regular oil changes and a few alignments. The most we had to do was a catalytic converter, and transmission line. None the less the car handles great, rides smooth, feels awesome, is comfy and is overall a great investment and great car.

Great vehicle
By Laura Allen

The highlander is very easy to own. It drives like a car, but you can cram everything in it. I feel safe in the snow. It has not had a single significant maintenance problem so far in 7 years.

Smooth drive, but not quite the MPG's
By ak49

I've driven nearly 15K miles now, including two Alaskan winters.
The biggest drawback to-date for the hybrid technology is that even when the battery is fully charged and capable of operating in EV mode, the engine is needed to heat the air for the defroster.
In my climate, that cuts into the possible efficiency at least 5 months out of the year.

All told, including daily idle time to pre-warm the car for my wife, I still averaged over 18 MPG in the winter.
Everyday summer driving in the city is more like 23 MPG.
Best ever for a 100+ mile road trip, fully loaded with many hills was just over 27 MPG.

With that said, the drivetrain is exceptionally smooth.
Interior finish is OK.

Consider alternative to engine heat for front windshield defrost.

The Best SUV
By yngturk

2010 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had this vehicle 10 months now, and 20k miles.
No complaints whatsoever.
I average 27 MPG in warm weather, and 24 in cold weather.
Previously owned Chevy Trailblazers which were solid vehicles, but averaged 17 MPG.

The Highlander Hybrid is flawless.
Comfort, performance, and build quality are as good as you can get.
Fit and finish are perfect.
This is an extremely solid vehicle.

It's been totally reliable.
This is my first Toyota, but I'm a believer in them, and in their hybrid technology.

Hybrid drive, acceleration is a pleasant surprise, fit and finish.

Maybe offer more cargo tie-down hooks in the back. Other than that I can't think of a single one.