Used 2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander Hybrid model:

Highlander Hybrid
By ptrinettem

2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I really like this car tons but it does not get the gas mileage I thought it would.

Poor mileage
By I Like Toyota's

2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I took it to the dealer in Doylestown, Pa for service. They said there was an update that they could do @ no cost. It would give me more mileage and power, I did not need more power but mileage would always be nice. After doing the update my mileage around town went from 24 to 21! I complained, had it checked it out, and they said nothing can be done about it. In defense of the dealer I feel they did everything they could but they can not put the computer back to where it was. I really like the vehicle but a rating of 31 city/27 highway and actual 21-22 overall around small towns is is ridiculous.

Great vehicle!
By Ron Holloway

This has been a wonderful vehicle to own and operate. Low maintenance. Best car on ice I have ever driven.

Special Car
By Richard Wass

All around great car. Excellent in Snow. Stuck in traffic, gas engine shuts off and vehicle runs on battery. 31 MPG around town when new. That's great with a V6 and AWD.

Incredible reliability, perfect size
By litespeedn

2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought this car new in 2006, now have 168,000 miles. In well over 1 million miles of driving, this Highlander has been the most reliable, comfortable car I have ever owned. No repairs have been needed at all, just routine maintenance - oil changes every 10K miles with synthetic oil, also replaced the coolant, timing belt, and spark plugs at 90K. Car is still on the original brakes! On 3rd set of tires. This car has great acceleration, good mileage (average 25.5 MPG, and I tend to drive fast), great room for passengers or gear. AWD with stability control is great for low traction or slippery roads, although I don't offroad. I have the Limited version with navigation - nav system still good, but I had to buy a new disc on eBay to get updated roads. Car structure is still solid with no rattles. I don't see any new vehicles that compare with this one yet - the new Highlander is too big, and small SUVs are overstyled and lack room inside. I hope to keep this car for a few more years.