Used 2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (55 reviews )

Wonderful, dependable, love dashboard
By Robbie

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 17 yrs ago. Still get Great gas mileage, 27 in town and 32 on the road, over 268K miles. Some maintenance but great for the amount of mileage and how long I have drove it. The dashboard is unique in the center, you can glance at it and the rear view mirror quickly and don't have to try to see thru the steering wheel. I LOVE the height of the seats, much easier to get in and out of the car and great headroom.

Great gas mileage
By Big Kahuna

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I'm a big guy and there is plenty of room. Great gas mileage. $20 fills her up and cheap to maintain. What's not to like.

2000 Echo: over 180,000 miles and no problems
By echoowner

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

We bought our Echo in 2000.
It has been the most reliable car we've ever owned, and the most economical to operate.
Highway mileage is about 40 mpg, and we have had no major repairs at over 180,000 miles.
My husband is 6'2" and is very comfortable in the driver's seat - he tried to sit in a Corolla at the time we bought the Echo, and he was terribly cramped, so we bought the Echo instead and have never, never regretted it.
This car is a keeper!

(Our Echo has automatic transmission.)

Initial low price, extremely low maintenance cost over 12 years (extreme reliability), high gas mileage, very large trunk, excellent for tight parking situations in the city (very maneuverable), roomy interior.

Use more durable materials on interior (we are tough on a car and, after 12 years, the interior hasn't held up all that well). I missed power locks and power windows, but I got used to it.

From high school to adulthood and beyond!
By kitteh

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

One day my dad got a call from a dealership saying my desired 4door sedan in seafoam blue Echo came off the truck and on the lot!! We were there in a heartbeat and bought the car without me test driving it! I just somehow knew that I would love this funny weird little car at first sight!

11 years later, I still have it and love as much as I did the day I drove it home with my dad from the lot. I showed it off to everyone I met and people laughed at me saying I have an ugly car. Well I laughed at everyone when the gas crunch came and still laughing now as gas is over $4!! Who needs a silly high maintenance ego boosting Prius when I get 40mpg city and 50mpg on the highway going 100? MUAHAHAHA

paint job, pep, vroom, super awesome gas mileage, roomy interior, weird looking exterior, super reliability

bring back the Echo!!

Amazing Car
By Echo

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my Echo new in 1999. I have been driving it now for 11 years and I never had to turn the key twice. I'm at 140K now and other than the oxygen sensors triggering the check engine light, this car has been amazing. I want to keep driving it to see how many miles I can get on it. My last good car was a 1989 Toyota extended cab which I loved.

Some pep in its step and roomy interior.

The Yaris I guess.