2018 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Little Power But Great Fuel Economy
By Ray

2018 Toyota Corolla LE Eco w/Premium Package 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

If you want a pretty basic car- nothing flashy about this vehicle- but one with great fuel economy this is your car. Pros- Easy to drive, comfortable seats for two front passengers, clear visibility from front windshield, nicely tinted windows, Excellent fuel economy (40 MPG both highway and inner city). Cons- worthless cruise control (only works on completely flat roads), above average road noise, extremely poor quick acceleration, below average stereo, inferior tires. So it would sound like this car is not that great- right? Not if you are comparing it to the other cars in this class and price range. They are all made of cheap materials and they all have road noise and many have poor braking. What makes the Corolla a head above most of these cars (excluding the Civic) is the reliability of the engine long term, the low cost of the vehicle due to fuel economy and the future resale value. Not a sporty car but one you won't be embarrassed driving.

This twice before buying this car
By Rick Banzhoff

2018 Toyota Corolla XSE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Buyers beware. I've had 4 Corolla''s including this one. This is the first time that I've had buyers remorse. The traffic map is useless and the Scout GPS is a total joke. I can't believe that Toyota put such worthless junk in a 25000 car. I wish that I hadn't gotten it.

Don't buy
By Cyn

2018 Toyota Corolla LE Eco w/Premium Package 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We rented this car for a week and can't wait to take it back. The cruise control only works on flat pavement. How often are all the roads you drive on flat? The sun visors don't extend to the length need to help the passengers or drivers if the sun is coming in from a side window. I guess this company expects everyone to drive into the sun at all times on flat roads. I would never buy a Toyota.

Fabric seats
By Linda

2018 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The fabric seats/console between the seats water stain. Toyota will not acknowledge it as a manufacturers defect which would be covered under warranty. Their solution is bring it in and get it detailed which will not solve the problem. My car is 6 months old and the interior seats/console look awful. Nothing spilled on the seats except water/condensation from a water bottle. This is outrageous. Clothing does not water stain except for delicate silk that requires dry cleaning. how could Toyota believe that car seats that water stain are acceptable. I am truly disappointed in their response to date.

It's a Corolla, not a luxury car
By Rover

2018 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I got lucky and got mine for 15 grand. Comparing to other sedans that I have at this size it compares fine. My gas mileage is 36 mpg, mixed driving and it's fine for me for acceleration as I don't drive so sporty with it. Cons for me compared to other cars in this class is that I noticed it catches leaves and tree debris in places that you have to remove moreso than with other cars. Trunk lid catches leaves and I have to open it to clean them out. Front between the windshield and hood catches a lot of leaves. Seams at the doors and trim catches stuff too. My other make of car doesn't or is easier to clean, hose off. The radio controls with the steering wheel buttons don't match the vertical list of stations on the display as the stations are left and right to change and volume is up and down. I get mixed up when trying to choose the stations. The cruise control waits until it gets a few miles per hour higher to keep up and my other car is within a mile per hour. The CVT has smart intelligence and shifts just like a geared transmission when needing to speed up or down quickly and I thought it would not be so. But leaving a stop light it is shift free and I like that. Michelins came on mine and the road noise and ride is good and it handles bumps well. The rear camera won't beep when coming close to hitting something but maybe I have not set it yet in the controls adjustments. I am 6 ft. tall and used to pickup trucks and Sonatas and they are larger so I expected the entry, exit to be a bit tight but not uncomfortable as I wanted a smaller car for short spurts and gas mileage. The paint is blizzard pearl with a luxury looking sheen and I like that. Factory listed it as a special color. Overall I am pleased with it and don't mind the small cons. It's a Corolla and my price can't be beat compared to another car compared to it.