2017 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Car I use to love I hate now!
By beb83ster@gmail.com

2017 Toyota Corolla SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Traded in my 1999 Toyota Corolla and still crying. Since I had my 2017 Toyota Corolla been in severe pain. Car runs great and overall I love how the car drives and all it features. The problem I have with this car is the brake/drive pedals. Since purchasing this car my ankle has not stopped hurting and have a bruise on my right ankle from driving. Have tried to adjust sit, put a pillow in, wasted about $500 getting orthopedics for my tennis shoes. Bought new tennis shoes and my ankle felt great for about two weeks. Once the new tennis shoes got broken in, the pain came back. I don't know what else I can do. I signed the contract and can't get out of it. Had the car now for almost 9 months now. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Great car if your < 6 feet tall
By fitcs

2017 Toyota Corolla SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

At the end of a Prius C lease I moved to a Corolla because the lease cost was good ( I liked my Prius C). Corolla is well spec'ed and would be perfect for my 32mile daily commute other than the fact the driver seat/position is awful - I have back pain and may have to give this car to my 16 year old when he passes his test.

Not for Highways!
By DIsappointed

2017 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I had researched this car, read all the reviews and thought it was a descent value for the money. It had advanced safety features like auto braking, smart cruise control and more on the base models. I was ok with not having a big fancy stereo system with better speakers or satellite radio or even navigation. When I test drove 3 different cars in this model I realized that the sound and tech were not the only things I would be giving up. The CVT was loud to the point of annoying but when I took these cars out on the highway I ended up with a splitting headache within minutes! At 50mph the car begins to sound like a giant thin tin can between the tires on the road volume and the basic interior wind noise. I was leaning towards buying this car before I started at highway speed but that was the deal breaker for me. This car was so loud I could not hear the radio or the person in the front seat talking to me without yelling. The layout of the dash was nice enough. Good space for front and backseat and trunk. Another thing I noticed was the front end was scrapped underneath on all 3 cars I test drove from going over high and low points in the road. I heard it scrape the pavement as I was turning out of the dealership onto the roadway and it was not an extreme dip or depression from the lot to the road. In total, not worth it even though I loved my 2010 Toyota Corolla.

2018 eco
By Cvd27

2017 Toyota Corolla LE Eco 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

It’s a very solid reliable car. Not anything to fancy but gets the job done.

great value
By Brian Hamilton

2017 Toyota Corolla SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

It's all about what you are looking for and for me this car is about as good as it gets. Near perfect balance between safety, reliability and performance. Love the safety features and the expect great reliability. Sure a few more HP wouldn't hurt but again it's that balance. First road trip felt good and 'only' got 29+ MPG.