Used 2014 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

Used Corolla for Sale
Select your model:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

Reliability and great looks.

caracal2, 11/20/2013
S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I'm the last person one would expect to be seen in a Corolla, but I still got one! I shopped around and compare the Civic, the Mazda 2, 3, the Focus, the Elantra GT and the Accent. My previous two cars were fast turbo cars with plenty of power and handling. The Mazda 3 is definitely faster than the Corolla, and handles better. So why did I pick the Corolla instead of the Mazda? It felt like the most luxurious car of the bunch, with a decent ride, at a price others couldn't beat. I have everything I always wanted in one package with the "S", no need for additional 1200 Moonroof and other expensive options. The Mazda comes close, but it was more expensive.

First Toyota

Robert T. Paige, 02/23/2015
LE Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first Toyota. The decision was based on a rental car - we liked it so well that we bought the Corolla instead of the Ford Fusion we had been considering. The interior seems much more of an upgrade from the previously owned Mercury Sable, also more room , especially legroom. Wife and daughter rate the cloth seating much more comfortable than the leather in the Sable. The instrument panel is the thing which I look at most of the time (LOL)and that is one of the features I like best. In town gas mileage has been consistent at 30-to-31 miles per gallon and on a trip Texas-to California, cruising 65 MPH from 39-to-41 MPG. Styling sort of grows on you.

55,500 Miles - Still Excellent

tfc4, 01/03/2014
LE Premium 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I had a 2006 Camry SE V6 for eight years. I call my 2014 Corolla LE Premium my "mini-Camry". It's very spacious, has very comfortable seats, excellent handling (firm, but easily controlled) with high end Michelin Primacy 60K tires, very quiet overall (no wind noise), delivers 38 mpg on the high and 34 mpg in town, has excellent visibility, fit and finish. I love the instant/trip average mpg bar chart on the Infotainment Center. Bought it without the normally included moon roof and Entune radio ($2400 extra). Has surprisingly good acceleration; no problem passing anything on the road. Rear view camera is a terrific - should be on every car. After 32,000 miles, still an outstanding car. No unscheduled maintenance. Mileage still in the 35-40mpg range. All is good. All the comments above still apply except I did have to have the HVAC blower replaced. Other then that, no unscheduled maintenance. Mileage still holding in the 36-39 mpg range. Now @ 6 years old and 5,500 miles. No unscheduled maintenance the past 12 months. Just new wipers, air and cabin filters. Did have to buy a new set of Michelins - same as OEM tires that gave great, quiet service. Have never had an alignment done to it in 6 years. Still runs and drives like new with great mileage (35-38 mpg). Just sold it. Acquired a 2019 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD that I will be submitting a review on in the upcoming months. Now at 52,000 miles. No unscheduled maintenance. Still no alignment. Tires wearing perfectly. Mileage still ranges from 35 to 38 mpg. Runs and drives like it was new. All systems working.

Corolla S Plus - Excellent Car so Far

mitchieray, 02/15/2014
S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Bought this 2014 Corolla S Plus in Dec 2013., I Traded in a 2010 Corolla S. I have noticed Many improvements over the 2010 Model, I really like the CVT Trans. over the Manual. I had a Manual in the 2010 and I did test the Manual in the 2014. I am very surprised at the superb acceleration of the CVT over the Manual, The Engine revs. high and stays high in the power band through all gears up to 70+ mph. It is quite impressive & fun! Don't waste your time on a Manual, get a manual trans. in a sports car with a V-8 & feel the power there. Do yourself a big favor & Test drive all the Corolla models, you will see a significant difference in Handling and performance when you get to the S & S+

Love this car!

Tim in WI, 11/04/2015
LE Eco 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This car is about 16 months old w/ about 24K miles. I had the lane change indicator reset from 3 "flashes" to 6 - the dealer did it during regular service with no problem. The stock stereo is excellent, though I added a subwoofer to get the full range of sound. I have no problems with the CVT engine. It's not going to blow the doors off most cars from the line, but I've had no problem passing people (which I do often) when I drop it out of Eco mode. I usually travel 70 -75 MPH and I average 40 MPG. The ride is smooth, maybe a little noisy on the highway, but typical for a compact car (maybe even a little better). The Bluetooth feature is great, though it can occasionally be finicky when I stream music from my Android phone. I like the interior design, and passengers usually compliment the look of the interior. The LED headlights are awesome - firing up the brights is like turning night into day. The cruise control is well designed and I almost always use it when on the highway. I highly recommend this car to anyone interested in a car that is comfortable, easy to drive, great on gas, and has a bit of power to it. It's not a sports car, but it's still fun to drive. Even after a year and a half, I still enjoy driving it every day.

12345...14