Used 2004 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 393 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Corolla is Tops
By Uncle Dave

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Possibly the best car I have ever owned - certainly the best Toyota I've owned. Trouble free, nearly indestructible. Great mileage, comfortable, very reliable. No complaints. No drama. After 136,000 miles, I traded this 15 year old Corolla on a new 2019 Corolla.

Best car I've ever owned
By Angela

2004 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought brand new in 2003. Only thing I ever had to do was routine maintenance. No mysterious problems, or any problems with this car. I owned this car for 11 years and drove a lot! I put almost 200k miles on it and it drove perfect until the day I traded it in! Of course if you're looking for something to drive well in weather this car is not for you. It does not do well with snow and ice (slides a lot) but I would not expect it to as it is a basic car and doesn't have awd or 4wd. If you are looking for something very affordable and reliable Toyota Corolla is the way to go. Just don't take it out in the snow or ice!

Great car
By Robert Daniels

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Oil change only maintenance.

Great car!
By Casey

2004 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My 2004 Toyota Corolla had 180,000 miles on it and still ran perfectly smooth. I have no complaints at all about the car. I was in a horrible head-on collision last week in my Corolla and walked away with minor bruises! Even the police officers at the scene commented on what a good job the car did protecting me. I couldn't be happier with my little car and I miss it already. I highly recommend one if you need a Dependable small car that gets decent gas mileage and won't leave you stranded. It averaged 28 miles to the gallon, and it never needed any major repairs.

Not a car but an appliance
By Jit

2004 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My first battery change was after 8 years. The local Costco mechanic was astounded. Other than a master fuse nothing ever needed to be fixed or replaced. Changed oil on time, rotated tires, exchanged fluids and put 110K miles in 10 years of ownership. This car easily had another 100-150K miles left in her. Alas, an uninsured motorist distracted by texting slammed into me from behind at a red light and the car was totaled. Mary a nick nor a bruise on me. I shed a few tears at the loss of a fantastic vehicle.