Used 1999 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

Used Corolla for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

I love my corolla

Mal, 05/22/2002
CE 4dr Sedan

This vehicle has been great. I haven't had a major problem and I drive 100 miles a day to work. I change the oil every 5K and have just installed platinum spark plugs. It is really reliable and I feel confident in it. We are considering purchasing a second one since my husband's gm car is really starting to die.

You Get Your Money's Worth

Dr. Storch, 08/18/2009
VE 4dr Sedan

This is the second 99 VE I have owned. The first one was totaled with 112K on the ODO and that car needed nothing. My current VE was purchased three years ago with 69K on the ODO. I now have 165K on the ODO and I only had to replace the alternator and the usual things like a battery and tires. The only problem I have now is that the CEL comes on indicating a problem within the EVAP system. This can be costly to repair. The car is now burning about a quart of oil every 500 miles. I always change the oil every 5k and listen to what my mechanic tells me. I happen to have a very honest mechanic which is very hard to find! If I can find one to replace this one for the right $ I will!

Good value

ilovemycorolla, 06/12/2003
LE 4dr Sedan

Great fuel economy, reliable,looks good,great car and a comfortable ride.

All around good car

AdamT180, 08/15/2003
LE 4dr Sedan

I have had my Corolla for nearly 2 years and have not had any major problems. It is a durable and reliable small sedan that can handle both city streets and rural highways with ease. The 4 cylinder engine provides adequete power and gets excellent gas mileage. The 4-speed automatic transmission is smooth. The rear seating area is tight, but otherwise the interior is comfortable and sturdy.

Flintstones' vehicle

Laura, 03/29/2005
VE 4dr Sedan

This bare-bones car runs and runs. Although the styling, road noise, and freeway handling leave a lot to be desired; the fuel economy, peppy street performance, and reliability are excellent.

12345...15