Used 1998 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1998 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Best Car I Ever Owned
By Donna

1998 Toyota Corolla Sedan VE 4dr Sedan

I am amazed that I still have the original muffler and pipes on this car! I have it serviced regularly and never had any "surprise" problems with it. It's got over 90,000 miles, is fuel efficient and I love it because it's dependable, not because it's "fun to drive". Maybe I'll upgrade to the Camry next time but I'm sure happy with my Corolla!

Smooth drive, holds the road, heats up fast in winter and cools fast in summer.

I find it inconvenient that this model has no trunk release lever from the inside of the car.

Solid, reliable car with no frills
By Will E.

1998 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

Have had my Corolla CE with 5-Speed manual transmission for past 8 years (73k miles). Runs same as when new. It's a small car that isn't great on the highway due to the weight and powerplant (and additional passengers and/or having the AC on will bog it down somewhat), but it was cheap, reliable, and gets over 30 MPG city. I have had no mechanical problems - just change the oil, etc. Haven't even changed a light bulb. Overall a great value and I plan on driving it at least another few years.

Cost to own, reliability, fuel economy.

More leg room.

Superb Reliability
By Buhite

1998 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This is the most reliable automobile I have ever owned. We have two 1998 Corollas one is an LE and the other a CE. Both were purchased used at 30,000. Both now have over 100,000. This is truly an economy car needing normal maintenance and only one repair ever: the throttle position sensor on both cars one time.

Styling and power

Better tires 185 70 R14

Still going...
By Wendy

1998 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I've had my LE for almost 8 years now. It has over 118k on it and it's still going. I bought the car for it's cute, sporty look(I added the rear spoiler and moon roof). I liked the price and it's fuel efficiency. My next car will definitely be a Toyota.

I liked the white faced gauges, spoiler, and body style.

The front drink holders were not convenient to use. My driver's side sun visor broke off on me twice.

Corolla review
By Jim

1998 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

The wife loves the car in all respects. I do not like its comfort level for me, although she is 5"1 and fits in it easily. I don't. Driving it is a pain for me at 5'10".

MPG; looks; perfect for smaller person.

Comfort for larger person.