2021 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

Incentive offers available
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Best bang for the buck non-hybrid, excellent MPGs

JBIZZ, 02/05/2021
LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

I bought my 2021 Camry LE one week ago. So far I've driven @ 400 miles. This car handles excellent & is very smooth over bumps. I'm still in the break-in process but can tell this car will get 40+MPG easily on the highway going 80MPH. This car also has plenty of power for a 4-cylinder. I'm 6'2" & there's plenty of leg room in the front & back seats. Seats are very comfortable for long distance driving & are made of durable high quality materials. The 8-speed transmission shifts smooth & is very responsive. This car handles like a luxury car & in my opinion is far superior to its competitors.

5 out of 5 stars

Luxury and performance in one

Adabella, 03/16/2021
XSE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased the 2021 Toyota Camry XSE V6 with the red interior. Listen to me when I tell you that car is BEAUTIFUL. It has so many cameras and sensors that if I crash into something I’d be literally blind. *knock on wood* And the power? Oh man. I haven’t even fully stepped on it in fear of not being able to control it. 301hp is it for me. Over it drives amazing, and isn’t as gas consuming as other cars despite being a v6. Highly recommend.

2021 Camry XSE 4cyl. Acceleration

Geoff, 06/26/2021
XSE 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

For some odd reason, I notice that the new XSE 4cyl. Engine is very sluggish from the start, and first gear sounds like it’s slipping before it goes into second gear. I had a 2018 SE that seemed much more responsive, when I gave more gas from the start!! Car is brand new, so I know their isn’t any mechanical problems with it, but just was wondering if anyone else has seen a difference?

3 out of 5 stars
Ad
Build Your Camry
At a Glance:
  • 8 Colors
  • 6 Trims
Build and Pricetoyota.com
Prototype shown with options.

Quality and trust

EllicottM, 05/16/2021
LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

It's my 2nd Camry, and my 4th Toyota vehicle in past 10 years. Never had major issues with any of the cars. That's the main reason of my #1 pick on the 2021 Camry when I need a new car. As always, it's smooth and easy to drive. Oh, like the multimedia system in the new car. It's easy to connect to either an iPhone or Android phone.

Great looking car

GG, 11/28/2020
XSE 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

I just bought a silver XSE AWD w/panoramic moonroof & cold weather package. The blackout tires are a great touch to this really good looking car. On a 90 min drive, I needed to keep moving my left leg as it felt like the blood circulation was getting compressed from the seat. I don't know if the seat cushion is shaped different than most other vehicles, but I never had that happen before on any other car. The acceleration is also sluggish from a standstill, although I haven't really stomped on the accelerator since its brand new or tried it with the paddles. I'm getting the paint protective film on the front end so I rented a K5 and there is a noticeable difference in the acceleration - the Kia seems much more responsive with its 180hp turbo engine. The Camry looks great inside and out, the leather seats are very sharp looking, the floor mats are high quality, and the interior lighting accents are a nice touch The 9" screen looks very nice and easy to use as are the steering wheel controls. The lane keeping/tracing assist is a nice feature but a little annoying - it's constantly making slight corrections and pushing the steering wheel button only deactivates the tracing part. I haven't found a way for the whole function to be disabled so I can drive without the constant inputs. The rear cross track monitor works well and detected people as well as cars in parking lots. The backup camera clarity and view is as good or better than most i've used. I don't have the JBL system in this although it's in our Highlander and it sounds just as good to me. Storage is a little light - the sliding phone charger is about an inch thick, so the area underneath can't fit anything wider than sunglasses and other small items and the middle console is average size. On my driving so far, including 180 miles of straight highway, I am averaging 30.3 mpg; it claims 34 mpg for highway driving. Overall, it drives nicely, looks great and other than whatever is going on with the seat cushion is pretty comfortable. It has all the features you need for entertainment as well as safety. It was $32,000 which is probably comparable to the Accord, which didn't have a heated steering wheel unless you bought the Touring edition for $6,000 more (also get the bigger engine). If it ends up getting the 34 mpg on highway trips than i would be pretty satisfied with the car, I didn't buy it for the 0-60 time, but fuel efficiency and AWD capability for northeastern winters.

3 out of 5 stars