2018 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 212 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

2018 Toyota Camry drives in reverse
By RGP79

2018 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

Purchased my 2018 Toyota Camry February 2018, very exciting to finally get a Camry. At about 500 miles problems started. The car dash lights continually came on indicating collusion. The rear seat belt indicator keeps beeping when no one sitting in the middle seat. The cars lane detectors not working all the time, the jerking when accelerating from a red light is scary to the point of a car almost rear ending you. The Entune system has Bluetooth connectivity issues seems to forget to automatically connect a lot. Gps not accurate and not user friendly. Getting on a highway is almost impossible since the car lags when accelerating and finally when you do get speed every light/ sensor on my dashboard turn on. Front camera regularly prompts me it’s off or not responding. This has been going on for the last 7 months until past weekend as we were leaving my home the car was put into drive then followed by a hard jerk the car went into reverse while in drive. Then all the dash lights/sensors came on and prompted to take car to dealership. The dealership manager of course didn’t seem convinced of what we said so he turned on the car and he experienced the same thing, he looked scared when the car went into reverse while placed on drive setting. This car has been giving us problems since 1 month into purchase. The dealership now says the cars computer went out, ok if that’s the case we have taken this car to the dealer on 4 separate occasions for the same issue and now all of a sudden they determined a computer failure? The car has been on diagnostics 4 separate times been told they couldn’t find anything wrong. This is a nightmare car. I have almost been in 3 separate car accidents due to loss of power while merging on highway or continuous jerking at every red light or stop sign. Now car remains at the dealership and we have a rental until they decide what to do next. This car value has depreciation to the point I can’t trade it in without loosing a significant amount of money and with this major repair, I’m sure it will be worse. I regret the day I purchased this car. I have documented all my issues with the car since March 2018 but that isn’t enough to prove I purchased a lemon according to Toyota. The dealership wants me to keep an ongoing video and picture archive before they will help me. Again the car hasn’t reached 6500 yet. I do like the body style and feel of the car but it’s very unfortunate that the reliability is non existent. I’m still make my payments on time but don’t have the car to enjoy.

Wish I had waited for 2019 AppleCarplay
By docsea

2018 Toyota Camry Sedan XSE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

The radio controls were removed from the steering wheel to account for adaptive cruise control. Silly design. I use the radio constantly. I rarely use cruise. The USB ports are unreliable. The worst part about any Toyota is Entune and I really wish it wasn't forced on us. If Toyota doesn't want to provide a functional app suite, then why bother. We need a class action suit to get Toyota to give buyers the option to reject a nonworking system. Sad Toyota hasn't updated 2018 cars that have entune 3.0 premium and plus. I feel ripped off about the so-called entertainment system that doesn't function.

Ruined Camry's for me
By Sean Rowan

2018 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

There is a wind noise issue that is know about with this car. A wind/whistling sound coming from the driver side mirror. Some cars have it, others not. But good luck getting it taken care of. Was told "can't hear it" by 3 different dealerships. The new engine is louder than past Camry's. The car slams into gear after starting if you shift into reverse too fast. Never had that issue on any car I have owned in my life. Softex seat creaks against center console, only remedy was stuffing a wad of whatever between it. Bluetooth phone connect always briefly disconnected. Cannot turn radio down at all after starting it, need to wait 10 seconds or so to be able to. Really, really embarrassing depending whats on. . . . It is an attractive car, and fun to drive. I traded mine in less than a year after purchase for a RAV4. Glad I did.

Sunroof Leaks
By sunshine

2018 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

The Sunroof leaks, it has been in the service department 3 times. At first, they said it shouldn't leak, now, they say it is designed that way. They say they tested 2 other cars from the lot, and they also leaked. If you choose to buy a Camry, don't buy one with a sunroof... it will most likely leak.

Great Car!! Value for money!! Poor Navigation
By Vijayababu

2018 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

Great Car. Value for money. No Integrated navigation - so killing to use it - very bad technology. City mileage is very average not as advertised.