Used 2002 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews

Used Camry Solara for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Amazing

Tim Mitchell, 04/03/2016
SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this Solara in 02 from an auto auction. This car amazes me every day. We have 232000 miles on it and nothing ever goes wrong. Just regular oil changes and thats it. It runs smooth with no shaking, vibrating, noise, or rattles. I seriously wonder if Lexus parts were used in this vehicle. If you have a chance to get an 02 Solara, get it. It will prbably last another 10 years. Amazing!!

Fantastic Car

addiesue, 12/09/2012

I bought my Solara in 2006 with 78,000 miles and it now has 242,000 miles on it. I have only replace the flex pipe on the exhuast,the driver side door window glide bar and the calipers on the front brakes total cost for parts so far is less than $500.00 it still runs great and get around 30-32 miles per gallon and burns no oil.I had a 1993 Lexus LS400 before I bought this car and it had 330,000 miles with no problems, so it also was a great also car.

Best car I have ever owned

ToyotaForever, 05/29/2006

I decided to give Toyota a try with the purchase of my 2002 Toyota Solara. This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. The only thing I have had to replace on this car in 4 years is tires and a battery.

Awesomely Surprised

MNSargent, 11/04/2008

I am surprised in the performance and most of all the gas mileage. I live in Los Angeles, my mom found this car in Hayward. I drove from Hayward to Los Angeles which was about 380ish miles I used a little more than a half of a tank. And still had enough to last me for the work weekend which ended it 500 miles to the tank. I have a lead foot so I was perhaps speeding. WOW. I like the V6 power and the sunroof. It is a fun car and I know Toyota are reliable. And I got the car under 65k miles so it is has a lot of life to go.

A Great Sporty Car

Boston, 07/08/2005

My third Solara (had 4cyl and SLE). The V6 5spd is the best! Much more power(200hp) than 4 cyl and much more fun to drive than SLE. Not a sports car, but has a real sporty feel. If you really enjoy the driving experience, you must get the SE V6 5spd! Very quick acceleration, silky smooth and quiet, but responsive and sporty handling. Fine overall quality of workmanship (virtually trouble free). Great bet for the mid-lifer who didn't quite make it to that sports car.

Can take a blow and keep rolling!

silver bullet, 07/02/2016
SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Had this car for over 4 years with over 165k miles on it...It runs strong made for the open road gas mileage is optimal @ 65 mph to 75 mph ....in town drinving i average 19-21 mpg without a tune-up since purchasing...the cars frame bumbers can take a blow without much distortion or passenger feel of said impact....mowed down a stop sign just plate dent, pulled a 4 town truck.out the mud "DONT RECOMMEND " 30 K MILES later car still shifts smooth...smaller gas tanker clipped my rear corner at 30 mph only scuff marks....and barely felt the impact....Overall a smooth, comfortable everyday driver thats build sturdier then it appears at 1 st glance!!

Good value

DB, 08/22/2009

Have had for 4 years. Smooth, quiet, only replaced tires during this time. Dependable, and enjoyable to drive. Excellent sound system. Very reliable. Expect to have this car for many years to come.

I love my car

jill, 09/27/2009

I have owned my Solara for 8 yrs. Never had major problems with it. It just hit 100,000 miles and still love my car. People find it hard to believe that the car is 8 yrs old. Recently bought a 2010 Camry sedan. Usually, I get the new car and my husband drives the old car. Since I still love my car, I did not want to give my Solara up, so my husband is driving the new car.

Love my Solara!!

Sonia, 09/27/2016
SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The car has been an incredible blessing! I still have it, bought it in 2003, it's black sand pearl met. I have had it for 15 1/2 yrs. Driven across the US to drop my kids for their studies/work, us and everything else fitted well. It's now 199,000 miles and going. I love the way it holds to the road and how easy it's to maneuver in hard spots. It has spunk! And yes, I love its looks, back spoiler and all.

Maintenance free car

L. Munig, 07/07/2018
SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car never left us stranded in 15 years. It is a great running car even with 200k miles on it. I have been driving it for 15 years. It's starting to look ragged and time to look for a new car. I am buying another toyota nothing else. We didn't replace any parts besides general maintenance stuff. You know oil changes, batteries thermostat those kind of things. My husband took good care of her. And she is still worth 1500.00 hard to believe.

12345...9