Used 2004 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

Used Avalon for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...24

Pros
Cons

great car, stiff ride

TIM from akron ohio, 03/24/2017
XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second avalon i have owned. the first one was a 2001 and it was the xl model. The one i own now is a 2004 and it is the xls with bucked seats. Ride quality on the 2004 is poor and very disappointing for such a large car. I am going to upgrade to the ls 430 lexus soon. Dependability has been excellent on both cars. the 2004 is so good on gas i have to show people that i am getting 26 combined mpg on the dash. I do run premium fuel and if i run regular it drops to about 22mpg

Quality ride

Jeff Patton, 11/02/2004

This is my first Toyota after years of buying European cars for quality and performance. What took me so long to see the light? The car is the tightest, best built car I've ever driven. Quiet smooth acceleration, great fuel economy (27mpg highway at 75mph), flawless fit and finish, and lots of interior room make this the best car in its class. I would buy another one.

I still love my Avalon

Mattie, 07/02/2008

Purchased my Avalon in June of 2004. I am faithful with oil changes and tire rotation. Have had no problems whatsoever with this car. Inside and outside are still just like new. As comfortable as any car I have ever ridden in. The gas mileage is not as good as the Camry I had before but the comfort of the Avalon makes up for this - especially if you are driving any distance.

Still happy

Bt Jansen, 06/11/2009

Been driving our XLS for about 4 years now. Still very happy. Had an ignition issue where they had to replace the collar. Might have been from AZ heat. Replaced tires at about 55K. In hindsight, would have spent more as you get what you pay for in ride. Cheaper tires not as smooth as stock Michelins. Car is great for long trips. Plenty of power and Lexus like feel to car.

Dealer Attitude

rstuttler, 10/29/2003

After the sale two relatively minor defects were brought to their attention. One defect was brushed off as insignificant. I was blamed for the other defect [which was a dent/gouge on each of the front wheels.

12345...24