Used 1997 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Great car but 3 Boxers on the leather bad!
By Joe

1997 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

It's a Toyota. My car is 20 years old nd the paint a still like new when waxed. No peeling! The engine has been excellent.

Winner!
By sandyalice

1997 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

Best car we've owned. 20 years and would still take it anywhere. Most ergonomicly comfortable. Now that we're older, a little hard to get out of, but such a comfortable ride. Never had a major repair. Just regular maintenance. That's why we still have it.

Will never find better
By Alicia raby

1997 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

I drove a 1997 Avalon for twenty years and never had a problem with it! It was a sad parting, like saying goodbye to an old family friend. It was a comfortable and reliable car and served me well! I can truly say I got my money's worth!

Avalon for the win!
By Matt

1997 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

I bought my '97 avalon 7 years ago for a whopping $800 with 150k mi. on it. The previous owner had used synthetic oil since he purchased it new and I followed his his advice. It currently has 255k on the odometer. It has zero leaks, zero throttle delay and pulls as hard as it did as the day I bought it. Now the Avalon may not look like much. And it's not that fast off the line. But from 50 to 80 it will surprise you. Since I live near the beach in florida the paint has taken a beating. However, In 7 years, aside from the regular tires, oil and belts, I've replaced the radiator, water pump and alternator. All together I've spent maybe $1000 on non preventative maintenance. The engine and transmission could be classified as military grade they're so solid.

Still running great!!