Used 2019 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews

Used 4Runner for Sale
Select your model:
12345...13

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

First time Toyota convert, won’t be my last!

John B., 04/09/2019
TRD OFF-ROAD Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If my new TRD 4Runner had 100 horsepower, I’d be in heaven. Otherwise, it is a great ride. It’s a blend of old and new tech, which at almost 50, I welcome. I haven’t gotten it muddy yet, but that day is coming. Traded an ecoboost lariat f150, only thing I miss is the power, but not the problems. LOVE the slide down rear window like in the Tundra.

Check It Out First!

Adventure Ready 4Runner, 09/18/2019
TRD PRO 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had a Grand Cherokee (Limited) and several recalls with so/so reviews later I decided to try the 4Runner. Love it! Fits like a glove, I'm only 5'5" so that's really important to me. Can see out of it easily with great visibility. No worries about reliability or excess tech going wonky. Smooth on paved roads and amazing on trails and off road. Yes it's not as "smooth" as a crossover but it is not based on a car platform. It has more than enough power and the engine isn't taxed like most 4 cylinders either. It will hold it's value better than any of them as well. All and all totally satisfied with the TRD Off Road 4Runner!

4Runner Off Road Premium

U,P. Man, 01/07/2020
TRD OFF-ROAD Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutely love this truck. Solid, Tough, Excellent Reliability, Roomy ( I’m a big guy ) Powerful Enough, Great Ride, Fantastic Ground Clearance and it’s looks AWESOME!! I did my research as others have and Toyota hasn’t changed much in the last Ten year because they haven’t had to. It’s that close to perfection. I opted for the 19 over the 20. Less safety features to go bad in the future. My road to my house is basically a two track and living in the U.P. of Michigan deep snow is a certainty. Snow mud ruts no problem. Just wash it and go. Every time I get into this unit I have ZERO worries or concerns can’t say that about any other truck or suv I’ve owned. After 8 months of ownership and going through a tough winter and a hot summer I’m happy to report ZERO issues and I’m just as happy with my 4Runner as I was the day I bought it. Just wish I would have purchased one sooner. Excellent SUV. I’ll update more as time passes. Update; After one year of ownership were still as happy with the 4Runner as the day we purchased it. Zero issues this is a tough as nails dependable issue free SUV. This year we've gone in places we should never have been by accident and this unit didn't even blink. Deep MUD for thousands of feet snow and more snow, ruts and steep sideways inclines not a problem. This thing is so solid and well made it may be my last SUV purchase. Does it have the nicest ride? NOPE. Does it have all the electronic bells and whistles? NOPE. Either does a tank.

3 out of 5 stars

Mom's toy

Jerry Hilt, 01/16/2019
TRD OFF-ROAD Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

this vehicle was bought as a replacement for a 2016 Tacoma. It is much easier to get in and out of plus parking is easier. The fuel economy is about the same as the Tacoma and this has a larger engine. Overall the vehicle exceeded our expectations.

Simple - but Awesome

A-Man, 06/12/2019
SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is not a plush, cushy crossover. If that is what you want - don't get a 4Runner. If you want a solid, no frills, real SUV that will hold up for a very long time - this is your vehicle. It does not get fantastic fuel mileage. It is not the smoothest vehicle. It is not the easiest to get in and out of - but if you miss the vehicles that felt like vehicles instead of the wanna-be crossover trend everything is going to, then get a 4Runner.

12345...13