2019 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $4,796
Select your model:
12345...12

Pros
Cons

Off Road Tank

KKN, 01/16/2019
TRD OFF-ROAD Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this to be an off-roader, not everyday commuter. It is exactly what I was looking for, a new vehicle with old school reliability built tough. It has been proven throughout the years and that's why it hasn't changed much. My only complaint is the halogen lights. This should have updated LED's. Everything else is simple and very effective. Update: Had it for over a year now and it still impresses me. Took it around Mojave, Victorville, and Borrego Springs. A lot of aftermarket off-road upgrades out there.

2019 4Runner TRD Off Road

Former Jeep Guy, 12/11/2018
TRD OFF-ROAD 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Reliability and safety? Inclimate weather? Not a problem. Only drawback is the sparse and antiquated driver assist features. This is more of a utilitarian beast that's home on road and off. Hands down winner over the last 14 Jeeps I've owned. (Slow learner I guess.) . Easy to drive and maneuver. Buy the extended warranty offered by Toyota. Like most manufacturers, 3yr/36000 as a standard warranty, leaves you open to expense should anything go wrong down the road.

4Runner SR5 Premium 4WD

Dan L., 05/20/2019
SR5 Premium 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck. Solid feel. Love the higher ride. Not quick but plenty of cruising power. Controls are in the right places; very simple to use. Took it on a road trip the week after we bought it and love it. Couple of caveats 1) no keyless push button starter? To me that’s an oversight in an SUV this nice. 2) middle row does not fold flat in the SR5 with a third row. TRD models all lack a third row but the seats fold flat in the back. 3) gas mileage is underwhelming. I wasn’t expecting too much from a large displacement 6-cyl but we couldn’t even manage 20mpg over 900 miles of highway. 4) voice activation on nav system is quirky. Toyota just needs to refine this truck a bit and it will be top notch. It’s really close already and I look forward to the many adventures ahead of us.

Ad
Build Your 4Runner
Build and Pricetoyota.com

Number 1

T Mck, 05/01/2019
Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

2012 Limited has 248078 miles on it and made 1 repair at 246000 to the altenater -you can not beat the 4 runner - will let you know when I hit 300000

No nonsense off road truck!

DenverJG2019, 07/27/2019
TRD PRO 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 4runner TRD Pro about a month ago. I went for the pro because I wanted to enhanced suspension system and not KDSS. I also wanted the skid plates. Yes, it drives like a truck but I don't mind it one bit. I like sitting up high and the suspension can handle city pot holes and the like with ease. It's not going to take sharp corners gracefully but I drive cautiously on pavement so it doesn't bother me. It is a joy to take off road. It gives you complete confidence and lets you have fun. It is 100% built in Japan and it feels and looks like it. It exudes toughness and quality. It is pricey but the money goes into build quality and not tech gadgets or luxury comforts. I like that you have to put the key in to start it. My previous car had push start and I wasn't all that impressed by it. I'm glad other drivers have safety tech but I don't want it. The 2020 has Toyota's safety tech package minus the blind spot assist feature which is the only feature I would have wanted. I bought some of those little round blind spot mirrors. They work great and were only $5. Gas mileage is what it is. The price you pay for driving a truck like this. The 2019 4runner does not have Apple play, Android auto etc and the screen is smaller than the one on the 2020. I don't care about these things. The included Toyota navigation system is IMHO pretty great. Its better than the Garmin GPS I had in my previous car. The size of the screen doesn't make it hard for me to use the navigation or any other feature. I'd rather have the real estate for knobs, buttons, etc. I wasn't looking for a "digital car." I love, love, love the big knobs. So easy to adjust while you're moving. No fumbling around. After driving it on pavement and off road for a month I have no complaints. It is renown for it's reliability so I expect no problems in the future. My last car was a Highlander and it went 96,000 miles with no problems of any kind. The 4Runner is a tank. But that's exactly what I was looking for.

12345...12