2019 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $4,796
Select your model:
12345...12

Pros
Cons

65 yr. old woman owner!

Donna Hankins, 04/25/2019
SR5 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After a year of searching what vehicle to buy this suv came out on top! As a formor owner of a ford explorer limited, this suv knocks all others out of the race. I LOVE this vehicle. It can tow my camper trailer, hual my dog and groceries, and take me on long trips comfortably. I don't have to figure out all the fancy add on technology found in other suv`s that I never used, and its beautiful to boot!! A great ride and a must have!

Toyota rules!

H Herman, 11/17/2018
Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Cons for some: rides like a truck, doesn't have all the safety features of some of the competition, storage could be better thought out. Pros: solidly built, good headroom, excellent back seat legroom, fast air and seat heat, good turning radius.

This was made for me

Ken, 04/16/2019
SR5 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my 4runner. During the week, I am a buisness man. It meets all the needs of maintaining week day hustle but when the weekend comes it opens the doors to my true passion. I can go camping off road , tow a trailer for the quads or a boat with great ease. The only downside is the navigation system and its user friendliness. Overall I never get jelous when i see 80k-100k SUV becuase I got the right one for myself

Ad
Build Your 4Runner
Build and Pricetoyota.com

No nonsense off road truck!

DenverJG2019, 07/27/2019
TRD PRO 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 4runner TRD Pro about a month ago. I went for the pro because I wanted to enhanced suspension system and not KDSS. I also wanted the skid plates. Yes, it drives like a truck but I don't mind it one bit. I like sitting up high and the suspension can handle city pot holes and the like with ease. It's not going to take sharp corners gracefully but I drive cautiously on pavement so it doesn't bother me. It is a joy to take off road. It gives you complete confidence and lets you have fun. It is 100% built in Japan and it feels and looks like it. It exudes toughness and quality. It is pricey but the money goes into build quality and not tech gadgets or luxury comforts. I like that you have to put the key in to start it. My previous car had push start and I wasn't all that impressed by it. I'm glad other drivers have safety tech but I don't want it. The 2020 has Toyota's safety tech package minus the blind spot assist feature which is the only feature I would have wanted. I bought some of those little round blind spot mirrors. They work great and were only $5. Gas mileage is what it is. The price you pay for driving a truck like this. The 2019 4runner does not have Apple play, Android auto etc and the screen is smaller than the one on the 2020. I don't care about these things. The included Toyota navigation system is IMHO pretty great. Its better than the Garmin GPS I had in my previous car. The size of the screen doesn't make it hard for me to use the navigation or any other feature. I'd rather have the real estate for knobs, buttons, etc. I wasn't looking for a "digital car." I love, love, love the big knobs. So easy to adjust while you're moving. No fumbling around. After driving it on pavement and off road for a month I have no complaints. It is renown for it's reliability so I expect no problems in the future. My last car was a Highlander and it went 96,000 miles with no problems of any kind. The 4Runner is a tank. But that's exactly what I was looking for.

Just drive one

john, 05/09/2019
SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you are looking for the absolute latest and greatest tech and you NEED all that gadgetry...look elsewhere. If you want a comfortable ride, fantastic reliability and build quality, insane resale value, tons of functionality and just a car that never disappoints, well that is the 4Runner. Wife and I drove over 20 cars. Jeep, Land Rover, Nissans, Fords etc. Everyhing in the Toyota feels buttoned up, analog / large buttons for easy use and access, doors feel solid, no rattles or squeaks. I personally think the ride is amazing although it is NOT a sporty car and yes, has body lean if you are taking corners fast. You might want to look at the Edge St or a Porsche if that’s you. The 4Runner just IS. Doesn’t need stance or pomp or tons of bells and whistles. We LOVE this car. Two nit picky things. 1. Yes mileage isn’t great but knowing the engine will last me basically forever..I’m ok with it. 2. Engine needs a little more HP. Can be a little sluggish sometimes but you get used to it and the transmission is actually pretty good so it’s not terrible. Again, I didn’t buy this truck for its cornering or speed :)

12345...12