Used 2016 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Solid, Nothing Fancy, Look Great and Body-on-Frame
By Brad Fridell

2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Know that you're buying an old school body-on-frame truck so don't expect the smooth, quiet car-based ride you find in many AWD SUVs today. Hard turns can cause severe body lean, you really "feel" the road," the 5-speed automatic transmission in antiquated, and the technology and luxury appointments are sorely lacking behind others in it's class (and for this price point!). With all that said, I love this rig. I've always leased vehicles and this will be the first time I choose to trigger the purchase option. The 4-Wheel drive traction is very bit as good as my old Wrangler in wet, snowy, hilly conditions found in the PacNW winters. I love the rugged, commanding look, the high view seating position and simplicity of the dash and control knobs. I know I have a rig that will easily pass 200K miles with minimal maintenance, and hold its value like none other. After 3 years and 36K, I've had ZERO mechanical issues. Plus it's worth $28K, while my residual is only $24K, so leasing these are a great option. They change very little year over year, and I kinda like that they've taken a stand against keeping up with the next big thing.

Coastman
By LJ

2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great car great ride very comfortable.

Great 4Runner
By Scott Weaver

2016 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love everything but the fuel economy.

Toyota Turd!!
By Dan P.

2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Way over priced and performance is average at best.

Love my 2016 4Runner Limited
By Terri

2016 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is probably one of the best vehicles I have ever driven. We leased this 4Runner and really did not need 4WD, but to get what we wanted we did it. Other than the gas mileage, which is lower than the 2014 SR5 I owned before this one, the 4Runner is a great vehicle, rides great, is great in the rain as it does not jerk when going through puddles and rides very comfortably. The only thing I would like to see is an automatic rear lift. The rear lift is heavy. We downsized to a RAV4 XLE which is nice, but I miss my 4Runner!!!