Used 2002 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews

Used 4Runner for Sale
Select your model:
12345...23

Pros
Cons

2002 Toyota 4Runner-always the class of the field

Terri Lusk, 04/17/2016
SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

After owning the 2002 Toyota 4Runner for over 14 years, I think that I'm qualified to give an opinion on the subject. I keep my 4Runner in tip top shape by doing all of the maintenance that is expected of the vehicle. It has been a very good vehicle for me and I get lots of complements on how it looks. It's not usual to see a female driving this vehicle, especially an older one!! Since it's older, it doesn't have the new technology on it but then again it won't break on me! I have found that tires are very important to the handling of this vehicle. I used to use Michelin tires, but found that the new Firestone Destination tires are fantastic. They let me drive in the rain and thru puddles without hydroplaning like the other tires used to and makes me feel safer on the road. These vehicles can be tippy if not driven properly and I've never felt like it's going to tip over because I don't push it like some people do. It's not a car and you can't drive it like one!!

Supercharged this thing rocks!

Speedy, 04/06/2008
SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I traded a 2002 Xterra which was junk for this 2002 4Runner. I test drove the then new 2003 4Runner but felt it too big and heavy. I've not had a single problem with this 4Runner, it's built tight, drives great, is quiet, roomy, and wonderful on road trips. I decided it needed more power so I installed a TRD supercharger and some other goodies which really woke it up. I've dyno tested this 4Runner at 240RWHP. That's Mustang GT territory and the 4Runner weighs nearly the same. I'm thrilled Toyota offers these types of upgrade options. It's an entirely new animal.

Great Truck

Richard, 11/19/2008
SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I was very upset with Toyota because I found out after purchasing my '95 4Runner with the 3.0 that there was a known problem with head gaskets but they did not recall for that year. They made up for it with my 2002. Toyota gave me more than I expected for my trade (even knowing the head gaskets were about to go) and sold this one to me at low book. It's been a great truck. Rides great, fun off-road, reliable. I'm going to lift this baby up, add bigger tires, and give myself more clearance since it climbs very well over rocks and boulders. My 15 year old is waiting for me to give it to him when he turns 16. Too bad, so sad. He'll have to buy his own. I'm keeping mine.

2002 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition

TMan, 02/10/2003
SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great SUV. I bought it brand new with only 3 miles on it. So now a year later w/ 22K miles it still runs just as good when I drove it off of the dealers lot. This I have to say is one of the best looking SUV's that is on the road. Every where I go I get nothing but compliments on it. It drives great, rides great, everything is great. Overall a BEST pick.

Amazing!

holdem185, 12/26/2011
SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have always wanted a 4runner and I finally got one for Christmas. It drives awesome! It's so smooth and quiet. Gets up and goes taking off from a stop light unlike my old car. Roomy front seats, comfy leather seats. Just an amazing car! Highly recommend.

12345...23