Used 1999 Suzuki Esteem Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Esteem for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

not good

unhappy123, 01/24/2004
GL 4dr Sedan

Bought this because i liked the shine on the car hich was a major mistake. I cannot fill the gas as it keeps kicking the gas nozzle out. I have to do it very slowly and takes about 30 minutes to fill up. Thats right no exxagaration - 30 minutes! Engine is low. Pick up is less! Battery dies on me. Interior is giving up at the seams.

Bigger engine, better trans for 2001

MANUEL, 09/27/2008
GL 4dr Sedan

All in all a good light fun to drive vehicle. Excellent mpg. Had 3 manual transmision repairs. I also met some owners with the same problem. Suzuki did address this with the 1.8 engine which I later swapped, could really feel the extra 27 horses in a 2200 pound car.

The Lemon

got screwed, 06/14/2002
GL 4dr Sedan

I purchased my vehicle from Dennis Dillon about 2 years ago. I have had nothing but problems with it and the dealership has been horrible as far as fixing the ongoing problems. The car itself is ok I guess, but the dealership sucks!! Just a friendly warning before buying a car from the lemon lot!

this car rocks!

landon, 04/04/2009
GL 4dr Sedan

i purchased this car ten months ago. i have NEVER had a problem with this car. i have studied automotive technology so i know what would be bad about this car. i have never had this car in the shop other than tires and oil change. i am ninteen years old and i run this car very hard. people dont know what they are talking about when they talk bad about this car. changing oil and servicing the car normally will keep it going. dont brag on other cars that you service and rag on this one because you choose not to service it and it stops running. this car is better than any honda, subaru, or toyota. my car is a 1.6L 5spd with cold air intake and gets 42mpg. this car will fly! suzuki delivers.

Excellent Car

Excellent Car, 08/09/2009
GL 4dr Sedan

Excellent car. This was my first car; my parents gave it to me in high school and I've been driving it every since. I have 148,000 miles on it & haven't had any major problems besides an axle replacement. I am amazed by the reliability and gas mileage. Truly an exceptional car.