Used 2008 Subaru Tribeca SUV Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Subaru Tribeca SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribeca model:

Taxes
By Richard S

2008 Subaru Tribeca SUV 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Unfortunately the city where I live believes that this vehicle is worth two times when Edmonds blue mark believes it’s worth. So they text me on that. I tried to explain that car has over 200,000 miles still runs great. But there’s nothing I can do

No More Subaru!!!
By No more Subaru

2008 Subaru Tribeca SUV 7-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

From beginning of owning the car we noticed the engine noise like from broken muffler. Then noticed the engine oil level drops when it is still a new car. Lynns Subaru dealer did not do any thing to address the problems. I was told it is normal for Tribeca. Later I have to add oil between regular oil changes. As car gets old it requires more frequent additions of oil especially after a long drive. The tail pipes got black burned oil deposits. Many times asked dealer Victory Subaru to fix the oil burning they told me nothing wrong. There were many mechanical and electrical problems that will take too much time to detail them. Following is the short list: driver side window detached from rolling mechanism, power steering failed while driving, car has to be towed, radiators hose bursts leaking coolant, car towed. Cruise control never worked due to a number of engine warning signs pop up intermittently. All these problems were told to Victory Subaru dealer and they are incapable to fix them, instead they made us to change CV Boots and Booshings well before they life time and charged us almost $ 4000. The car was made in Mexico. The problems we had are more than manufacturer poor quality control, It was from design faults. This is Our second Subaru, We simply had enough problems and irresponsible dealer services and going to sell it below market and no more Subaru for us and our friends, coworkers, neighbors, I will let anyone know about how bad the Subaru becomes. Subaru lies about its reliability.

My Tribeca
By Joe

2008 Subaru Tribeca SUV Limited 7-Pass 4dr SUV AWD w/Rear Seat DVD, Nav (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Great handling and superior forward vision. Very nice ride.

Great car
By AM

2008 Subaru Tribeca SUV Limited 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The car is great performance/reliability/safety wise. Only complaint: airbag recall that took too long to get fixed.

2008 Suburu Nightmare
By seriously5

2008 Subaru Tribeca SUV Limited 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I was impressed that this SUV had everything my Acura MDX had before it died. I got it used 5 mos. ago with 75K miles on it. The a/c died 3 weeks after buying it. The pocket behind my driver's seat ripped in 4 weeks following that. Neither was covered by the extended warranty I bought. Fuel door wouldn't open yesterday, and my gas light was on. Scheduled to get it fixed this Sat. Now my passenger door won't open with the remote or the button inside. Great. Gas mileage range is 17-21, but I haven't seen above 19.

Beautiful interior. Lots of options. Has a nice little kick when you hit the gas.

Needs better interior quality. Needs not to have all those things happen listed in my review. Oh, also had to have the windshield wiper arm replaced on driver's side. It decided not to work after 2 mos. This can was in supposed "mint" condition when I bought it. It had not one ding or scratch in its black paint. It passed the 90 pt. inspection. What a nightmare. I would never buy another Suburu!!!! Back to the MDX when I've had enough of this SUV!