Skip to main content

1 for sale near you
1...

Subie newbie

Solid, stylish performer, 03/31/2024
2024 Subaru Outback Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a 2024 Outback Limited with several add-on packaged features two months ago. With a final sticker price of over $41000, I bought the car for $37,190 which included a 1.9%/48 month loan. After 4,000 miles I am averaging 28 mpg. This is based on 60/40 city vs highway miles. I love the cabin. It is comfortable and has an upscale look. Many padded and stitched interior panels. Plenty of room in the 2nd row and more than enough storage room in the rear cargo area. Base engine does lack power but once the car is up to speed it keeps up in traffic. Steeper hills are a challenge though. I enjoy all of the safety features but watch out...this car has a bell or chime for everything. The most annoying feature is the auto stop/start. I turn that off each time I get in the car and wish I could turn it off permanently. Visibility is good and the car handles well and looks good. Though, a bit too much cladding for my taste. The navigation is a waste of time but the sound system once tuned properly sounds good. Lane keep assist or lane centering seems to pull to the right and then recenter. My 2021 crv hybrid had a more consistent rock solid centering with little to no lane sway. Everything under the hood is easy to see and access. Changing filters is a breeze. The Outback is a solid car with a better than average ride. If I could add one feature it would be the auto lock and walk away. Otherwise, this car rates highly in a competive market.

1 out of 5 stars

Sheep in wolves clothing

Robert Kroeger, 02/20/2024
2024 Subaru Outback Touring XT 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Hard to believe a new car could have so many problems. From bad paint job to bucking under acceleration extra cost napa leather that’s defective backup alarm that wont go off plus 22mpg. Dealer can’t fix and corporate is not interested in helping

Almost perfect!

Jack, 11/07/2023
2024 Subaru Outback Touring XT 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

We were looking for something that's not an SUV, but provides good capability during adverse weather, while also having usable interior storage. All those needs were met by this wagon/crossover. The exterior does not have a lot of bling and is not trying too hard to be different, and we liked that. Interior is very very functional, intuitive, easy to use, and most of all looks rugged. And that's much appreciate since we need to take our two dogs with us for all our road trips. The 2.4L performs very well, and I think is the better option between the two offered - the 2.5L felt sluggish during our test drives. The CVT, however, is not that great. Given all the good features the car had, we decided the compromise was worth it. The cargo area is very usable - it may not be the biggest, but in an SUV I had to stack things to fit stuff, whereas here since the floor space is larger, it's much more easier to pack things. The 11.6" infotainment screen is impressive to see, but not the best to use. Things are not as snappy as other cars. Physical HVAC control, as well as some core vehicle settings (like AVH, Auto start/stop, X-mode, etc.) should have physical buttons. The front camera is very useful for me, given that the Outback does not have front parking sensors. The smart rear view mirror is also something I though would be needed, but now I'm using it I wish I had that in my other car as well. In summary, highly impressed with the car. Hopefully will last long.

2025 Subaru Outback
At a Glance:
  • 5 Colors
  • 8 Trims
  • 5 Packages
  • $28,895starting MSRP
Build & Price Subaru.com
*MSRP is subject to change and varies based on availability, trim level, option packages, and retailer-installed accessories. MSRP excludes destination and delivery charges, tax, title, registration, and other fees. Retailer sets actual price. See your retailer for details. 2025 Subaru Outback Onyx Edition XT shown has an MSRP of $39,360.

ONYX EDITION MOST PRACTICAL TRIM

Ottoman, 04/07/2024
2024 Subaru Outback Onyx Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The is our fourth Subaru and my second Outback. The first Outback was a 2019 and had absolutely zero issues outside of routine maintenance. We now have a 2024 Onyx Edition 2.5 that we bought last summer. We could have afforded any trim but opted for the Onyx Edition 2.5 because we did not want to spend thousands of dollars more for features that are nice, but not necessary, especially considering the increase in new car pricing. The Startex upholstery is great, as are the standard features that come with the Onyx Edition. Sure, the turbo engine would give you a more spirited driving experience, but with my driving style and needs, the naturally aspirated 2.5 is fine. I will say that if I was routinely towing rather heavy loads and/or lived or frequented higher elevations, then yes, we would have bought the Onyx XT. Just for a compaison, I Googled a luxury Buick LeSabre wagon my parents bought in 1982 and they loved that behemoth! They kept it until 1990 and I can't recall pops complaining about it-and believe me, he could complain! Anyway, the 2024 Outback 2.5 is QUICKER that the 1982 V8! My point is, everything is relative to what YOU want and need. The thing I almost immediately changed were the OEM Yokohama Avid tires. Sams Club had Cooper Discover Enduramax for $165.00/tire and that is the tire Subaru should fit their vehicles with. Off road durability with all-weather traction and minimal increase in road noise compared to true AT tires. We do a lot of gravel and fire service roads and winter driving. The Coopers excelled in all conditions. I also wish the 2.5 had a full size spare, but it's not a deal breaker. So, my final opinion in the Onyx Edition 2.5? Well, as you can tell from the review, it checks all if the right boxes for us. Did I WANT a Wilderness or Onyx XT? Sure, if it was at or near the same price, but realistically that was not going to happen-and I am fine with that. The Onyx 2.5 is a very capable and well apportioned wagon. Like the Rolling Stones said, "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you'll find, you get what you need."

Great family car! 2024 Outback Limited

Kojak, 09/23/2023
2024 Subaru Outback Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We just finished a 2400 mile weeklong vacation trip in my wife’s new outback. I generally dislike driving cars as my daily driver is a heavy duty truck. I was amazed at how comfortable the front seat was for my 6’2” frame. The ride and gas mileage were both very good, we averaged around 30 mpg in a variety of conditions. The best feature I liked was the adaptive cruise control, the worst was the active lane keeping system. I turned the sucker off after a few minutes of using it, lol. Highly recommend for family’s looking for a comfortable, easy to drive vehicle that is priced reasonably in todays crazy world.

1...