Skip to main content

Used Outback for Sale
Select your model:
12345...24

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

45,000 Miles Later

Jeffrey, 09/10/2015
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned my 2013 2.5i Limited Outback for the past 2.5 years now. I live in the SF Bay Area. It's been on several road trips. The most recent to Vancouver Canada. I've taken the car off-roading in Washington state and Utah. It handled off-roading very well. In the winter, I take it to Lake Tahoe for awesome snowboarding adventures. It's very grippy and I trust Subaru's AWD system over other car brands. Slip and grip AWD system, no thanks! LOL! It is my daily driver. It gets decent mpg. In the city, I'm averaging 24 mpg and on the highway 27 mpg. Not bad for the size and AWD. It has a CVT with 173 hp. When I purchased the vehicle, I knew I wasn't buying a sports car. If I wanted a zippier model, I would have opted for the 3.6R. The only issue I've had is oil consumption. However, there is a warning light that comes on. I've read other reviews where people claim their tanks were completely empty. These people must be idiots because there is a sensor that indicates that oil level is getting low before it is completely empty. All my cars I've owned had that warning. Otherwise, it is very reliable. As an experienced person who has gone on dozens of road trips, I always carry engine coolant and engine oil no matter the vehicle. The car has a very spacious interior. My only gripe is the hard plastic dash (which was replaced with soft-touch materials for the 2015 and newer models). This car fits my lifestyle. I wanted an outdoor vehicle with high ground clearance that wasn't an SUV, but had the capabilities of one. The Subaru Outback did just that.

2.88 out of 5 stars

Not as good as I had hoped for.

sknaffl4, 12/23/2013
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This Outback is my first Subaru, and sadly, it will probably be my last. I had high expectations for this car considering the excellent reviews from prior models, but now that I've got 40,000 miles on it, I'm not impressed. It burns 1 quart of oil every 1000-1200 miles, which Subaru says is normal. There is a constant vibration at hwy speeds that is NOT tire related. There are large gaps in the body panels, and the hatch doesn't even line up...indicating poor build quality. The seat is already starting to deform, and I'm not a big person. There is a constant rattle on deceleration, and the stock stereo speakers are probably the worst I've ever seen.

Best Subaru Yet!

poohbaru, 02/02/2013
2013 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Had the car now since Sept 2012, my 6th Subaru and the best so far. My first was a 84' GL wagon and I've been in love with Subaru's ever since. They are more refined now and offer a lot more creature comforts but still have that unique character that makes a Subaru a Subaru. I have the 3.6R Limited with EyeSight (thought about the Special Appearance Package but opted for safety over a couple of additional gadgets). Very glad I did. The EyeSight system is AWESOME. It has saved me from a few close calls and actually prevented me from hitting a deer. I had a 06 LL Bean Outback (also a great car) couldn't believe how much roomier it was and love that I can use regular gas versus high test

4.63 out of 5 stars

10,000 Mile Review

bostonbulldog, 12/31/2012
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We recently passed 10,000 miles on our 2.5 Outback Limited. I'll state right up front that so far we love this car. We have not had any realibility concerns and it has performed very well. The new engine and 2nd gen CVT work well together, and we find the drivetrain to be very responsive. We have been averaging 26/27 mpgs in mixed driving. Driveability and traction in bad weather has been great! On the downside, the mpgs have gone down since winter has arrived, although we have been using the remote start a lot. The premium radio is good but not on par with offerings from other mfrs, and the SAT radio seems to cut out a lot. Overall though it is proving out to be a good purchase.

Subaru does NOT honor warranties

cocat, 05/02/2019
updated 05/04/2021
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Subaru warranties aren't worth the paper they are written on. Had a 2011 we loved that was totaled by hail. Replaced with a used 2013, didn't realize all of the serious defects that have been getting increasingly worse. Engine failed at 77,000 but should have been covered by extended warranty for a known issue with our VIN#. Subaru refused to cover because they couldn't perform tests since engine won't run properly... what?! Just google "Subaru oil consumption warranty" and "CVT extended warranty" you will see they do this to avoid showing a recall on these defective vehicles. Repair will cost $9600. Subaru offered $1000 toward repair or $750 toward a new car - how insulting! Never been lied to so easily by so many people in collusion. We are not customers to Subaru, we are suckers. Asked what they would give us on trade in for our broken 2013, they offered $1000 because they would never try to sell it as a used car, even if repaired, because it has too many defects, HA. I always knew that a Subie would likely need head gaskets around 100,000 miles, but never dreamed that Subaru would not honor it's own warranties.

12345...24