Used 2007 Subaru Outback Wagon Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

Buy ANYTHING but the turbo model
By Mike

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Maybe when they were new it was fine, but I bought a used one and the turbo destroyed the engine on the trip home. Buy any other non-turbo model, they're probably fine, but the turbo is so unreliably my mechanic basically said there's no guarantee it's going to last more than a year. This is after I spent $8,000 to buy it, and another $6,000 to put in a new engine. Not worth it. This is a nightmare. Never buying a Sub again. Avoid under any circumstances, no NOT buy the turbo model.

Engine
By georgegrimaldo@msn.com

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

DO NOT BUY! Lawsuit vs Subaru on oil usage. Class Action Lawsuit vs Subaru. Subaru engines Blown Head Gaskets and oil usage. Check engine light kept coming on, took it to dealer they said it was Catalytic converter, Price is $1100.00 lots of money right. Then took it to shop get it replaced, guy at shop said cabin filter and catalytic converter are same code, so he changed cabin filter and problem went away. I was ready to spend lots of money for nothing, and Subaru obviously knows about it. Oil usage: Car started using lots of oil took it to shop, Dealership and Subaru only covered half the cost to repair bc Subaru knows about oil problems, but they should have paid for all of it if they know its a problem. Repairing engine is expensive. [non-permissible content removed] Subaru, I thought they were good cars based on reviews, THEY ARE NOT. I bought my 07 in 08 with only 15k miles on it. I've kept regular oil changes and regular maintenance as needed and recommended. [non-permissible content removed] Subaru knows their engines have problems but only pay when they have to. That's why they're is a Class Action Lawsuit vs Subaru on oil usage. DO NOT BUY, It's all hype about love your Subaru until they have to pay for their mistake then, No More Love, [non-permissible content removed] the customer, it's all about money to them. DO NOT BUY, DO NOT BUY, DO NOT BUY, DO NOT BUY, DO NOT BUY, DO NOT BUY, DO NOT BUY, DO NOT BUY

Subaru's Rock Solid Build Quality Gone
By Donkey Boy

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After the initial warranty expired the car has had a series of mechanical issues that mounted to thousands of dollars. Many of my issues are echoed in other reviews - head gaskets, CV joints, alternator, struts. Currently the AC doesn't work and the car needs another CV replaced. Also the driver seat makes my right leg go numb on long road trips. I have owned my last Subaru.

2007 Legacy Outback 2.5 w/ 125K
By Karl B

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Basic 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Have 2007 legacy Outback purchased as used lease car. Once over 100K had timing belt (expected), head gaskets, both front axles due to ripped boots. I going to learn how to replace just the boots next time. Had Cat converter replaced. CEL stated all 4 cyl misfiring. Turned out to be EGR valve.Could have replaced it myself for half of what dealer charged. Then CEL showed 2 cyl misfiring; wires and coil. Also LR wheel bearing. Hoping this is it for a while. Like winter traction. Don't see any benefit from 17 in wheels. Get rid of that light switch on the steering column. Accidently turns on when resetting trip odometer and lites on kills battery if you don't catch it. Needs more room under wheel well for snow tires. Cannot get better than 27 mpg;ave is 23. Plastic cover under engine needs to fastened better. Mine ripped off after just 3 winters of driving.

Love my Outback
By Beth Martensen

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Nicest car I have owned yet. Very happy with my purchase. This is my second Subaru and I am looking forward to the many adventures it will take me too. I had my Subaru Forester for nine years and it never left me stranded. It also held its value and I sold it for over Kelly Blue Book even with 209,000 miles. I plan to keep my Outback for at least 9 to 10 years. I love owning a Subaru, it is perfect for the outdoor lifestyle we enjoy.