Used 2007 Subaru Outback Wagon Consumer Reviews

Used Outback for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

The quality and love are gone!

bobg04, 10/18/2013
2.5i Basic 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I previously owned a '97 Outback, so when I got a deal on the '07 I was excited at first. I liked the high ground clearance, more horsepower, larger fuel tank, and roomy interior. Then I noticed the still weak fuel efficiency, cheap knobs, cheap and hard to clean interior fabric, and door windows that catch (like my '97). This was nothing when my head gasket went at 97.5 k miles, like my '97 head gasket that went at 105 k. Subaru said they fixed this, but too many others have had the same problem. It's inexcuseable. I think Subaru have lost their quality, and owe all of us the cost of the repair for their poor design. Next time I'm looking for another brand of car.

Seriously reconsidering buying another Subaru

bigoske, 05/21/2015
2.5i Basic 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

A little history, may family has owned Subarus since the 1980s and absolutely love them. Bought this 07 Outback in 2010 with 100K miles. Ran like a top for a year with just the basic maintenance, oil changes, etc. Timing belt needed to be replaced, which was expected. Then we've had problems ever since. Had to replace the Head gaskets, leaking on the coolant side, which blew a hole in radiator, fixed that. Then the car wouldn't start intermittently, turned out to be a bad O-ring on the fuel pump. Had to replace all struts as tires wore at an angle. changed O2 sensors, catalytic converter still needs to be replaced, CEL still on. Extremely Disappointed with Subarus reliabilty on this vehicle.

SAFETY FIRST

JG, 01/14/2007
2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I was hit head on by a drunk driver going about 50 mph. I just got my Subaru two months earlier, and if it weren't for that car and the grace of God, I'd be dead. I want another one just like it. The safety features worked very well, and kept all of us from being seriously injured. Consider this type of car as one of your top picks. And NO, I do not represent Subaru. This report is straight from the heart.

Very nice car, but a bit cramped interior

VLY, 10/12/2006
2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it a month ago. Very nice car. Drives very well, 175 hp four is more than adequate. Got about 22 MPG on mixed driving. Rear seats are tight – I am 6’1” and do not have enough leg room. Front seats are too narrow – my 97 Camry’s seats are 2” wider. Right front seat is too low. I'd also like more storage areas; with two cups in front cup holders and glasses in the dash compartment I do not have a place for my cell phone. If front belt is unbuckled tones do not shut up – that is the most annoying feature in this car! I have to buckle up moving the car on driveway or a parking lot. Overall – great vehicle, very reliable per CR, looks & runs great, 4 wheel drive is a plus.

Love / Hate Relationship

Dave, 02/12/2016
2.5i Basic 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Reasons for Hate: "Inexpensive and Built to Stay That Way" Ha! Whatever happen to that philosophy Subaru? Well, my 2007 Outback has been one of the most expensive cars to maintain. I have spent over $12,000 dollars in maintenance costs over the last 9 years - not including tire replacement. Your engineers should really do something about the Head Gasket issue as well as the flimsy boots on the front axles that require the entire axle to be replaced - and all too often. Certainly there are longer lasting materials out there for boot covers, or at least find a reliable way to replace the boot and not the whole axle. I have also replaced the clutch assembly twice, which is an exceedingly expensive job! It would have been cheaper for me to just upgrade to the Automatic Transmission when I first bought the car. <br><br> Reasons to Love: Maybe I'm shallow, but the only reason I do not trade the car in on something else is the fact that it is the most striking wagon design in recent memory - if not longer - if you have a long memory! It's an All-Wheel-Drive Sports car that just happens to be a wagon. The car has no bad angles! I just wish that the newer Outbacks had not lost their wagon roots. Any Outback after 2010 just seems to be struggling with an identity crisis, although the newer [2015+] models have shed some of their awkward bulges in favor of more subtle curves. You may be on the right path with the newer Outback, but just get the mechanical issues right!

12345...15