Used 2011 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews

Used Legacy for Sale
Select your model:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

Something wrong with the Transmission

biz_buzz, 10/01/2011
2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 201 Subaru legacy 2.5L premium CVT auto tranny three months ago. I have previously owned a 2010 Subaru Forester and I love it. Legacy.. not so much. The car is comfortable, nice looking and fun to drive but it appears to have some sort of transmission problem. It jerkes a little when I hit the brakes (somewhat like the ABS kickign-in on icy road but not so severe). Its mild and lasts for like a second and it happens more when I have the AC on. The dealer says its normal with this model of Legacy. I called Subaru, and got the same answer. I really feel like i bought a lemon! I really wish I hadn't purchased this car. I mean it is a brand new car!!

Ultimate cold weather machine!

budbrewer, 01/30/2011
2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After buying Toyotas, Hondas and Nissans since 1980 we decided to give Subaru a try. Sure glad we did. Fit and finish are excellent. Gas mileage is good at 28 mpg average. Heated cloth seats and HK stereo are fantastic. Parking brake is a joke (someone really is trying to out think themselves). OEM Bridgestone tires we're terrible in the first snow storm encountered so replaced them with Michelin MXV4. Now it's hard to get the tires to slip. This is an overall great car for Colorado or northern climates and would highly recommend to anyone. Plus it is assembled in the US.

2nd Subaru and it just isn't the same

dssquare85, 03/04/2012
2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is technically my 2nd Subaru. My first Subaru was an '05 Saab (Saabaru) 9-2x Aero. I have owned my '11 2.5i Premium since May '11 and have about 7,000 miles. It took me a while to get used to the difference in size and power compared to my 9-2x. The power is more than adequate 90% of the time. My mpg is not what the ratings state. I was getting 23.5 when I first got the car but now I'm down to 21.9 for the life of the vehicle according to the trip computer. I don't have a heavy foot like I did with my 9-2x. I'll attribute the decrease in mileage to the hills of Staten Island, NY. Car is quiet and has been reliable with the exception of the 2 recalls in 4 months of having the car.

2011 2.5 Limited with moonroof

dlb14frost, 12/28/2010
2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have the Subaru for a week now and have racked up over 650 miles. Expressway and back country roads were all handled quite well. Car is sure footed and the cvt is so smooth with good acceleration. So far it seems to be doing quite well in the fuel economy department as well. Haven't had in snow yet (the recent blizzard) missed us.

Incredible value and nice looking

garydl, 05/09/2011
3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I write this after 2 months of Subaru Legacy 3.6 ownership. My wife is the prime user of this car and it was her choice (and I did not object). In our married life we have had 3 Acuras (2 Legends and an RL), a Volvo S80, a Toyato Avalon, A Nissan 300ZX, and an Infiniti G37x coupe. Thus far, the Subaru Legacy is holding its own in that company. It is roomy, comfortable and built like a tank. It handles very well and has plenty of power. While the seats could use a little more padding, they are supportive - and rear seat passengers can cross their legs! While the styling is certainly not mainstream, it is distinctive and makes a statement - and it actually quite lovely.

12345...14