Used 2000 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Loved my Legacy
By Fran Walter

2000 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan AWD

Gave me 18 yrs of solid performance with minimal cost of upkeep.

Excellent car thanks Subaru
By RODOLFO MANNELLA

2000 Subaru Legacy Sedan GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD

Nice car. I have a nice time driving it hard in all weather like rain or on sand. Never have any issues, thanks you. Nice handling at corners and stopping, power good top.

the awd, it's the best, the brakes are good the engine is good

my car in particular its engage it's 2.0 a bit more power it's nice

Very reliable ride!
By Legacy Lover

2000 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought this vehicle new in summer of 2000. It has proven to be a very well made and reliable car. The only glitch has been an engine knock sensor that malfunctioned at 70,000 miles and had to be replaced. This repair cost less than $125. Otherwise, I replaced the tires and performed scheduled maintenance. Feels like a sports car to drive! Goes great in snow and ice with all weather, siped tires, but this Sedan has lower ground clearance than the Outback, so 8" or more of snow can be difficult.

Reliability but fun to drive!

Wish it had higher ground clearance like the Outback. I would have purchased an Outback, but was tired of driving wagons.

Same clutch
By francois

2000 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan AWD

Hello, we have a Legacy L wagon bought new. It is still the original clutch! 80% is city driving. Comfort is bad, but I like this car. Super great on the snow, 160 hp is plenty, just have to use the shifter. We replaced: an injector, timing belt (maintenance) relay switch for fuel pump and torsion bar that broke on a dirt road. This is an incredible reliability record. However we will not buy another one because of not so good fuel mileage. My daughter will learn to drive with this car.

Engine. This is a car that required a little driving skill.

Better seats, please!

Good but
By stargazer

2000 Subaru Legacy Sedan GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought the car for my wife. She really liked the style of the car. We just traded it in on something else. It had 146,000 miles on it. We had it a few days and the front speakers went out fixed under warranty then there was a problem with the front seat belts eats brakes like no tomorrow. Had to have the sunroof replaced because it leak into cabin and had to replace the timing belt twice. The engine is very sluggish needs a few extra hp. But I never left us beside the road and never left is stranded.

Exterior style AWD