Used 2000 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Legacy for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Lightweight

Jim in Pgh, 12/25/2002
GT 4dr Sedan AWD

Our leased 2000 Subaru GT Ltd has been a brake and tire eater from the day it was driven off the lot. Couple an unforgiving lease contract supported by bad service and it's a recipe for a big consumer cost. We went through three sets of brakes and two sets of tires in <24,000 miles before our local reliable mechanic told us a front CV joint was about to fall apart.

DON"T BY A SUBARU

SUBARU HATER, 05/08/2004
GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD

This car handles amazingly in all types of weather. The AWD is amazing and the styling is unbelievable. Nobody can believe this car is a Subaru. BUT!! The reliability is horrible. I have gone through 2 head gaskets, numerous repairs, and now at 107,000 miles i need a new transmission. After paying $10,000 for maintnence since day one, we have kept the car running but something always goes wrong. DON"T BUY A LEGACY!

Watch out...suddenly it's gone

unhappyexsubaruowner, 11/26/2003
GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD

Radiator gave out (after only 75,000 miles). Although I pulled over right away, the result was cracked heads, rings, etc...they won't know the extent of the damage until they start working on it, but at minimum the repair s more than the car is worth. Subaru's service after the sale is pathetic. In my experience, the service department has bordered on incompetent. In this latest case, the dealer offered to "take the car off my hands" for nothing, so long as I bought another car off him. So their solution was to sell me another car without consideration for the fact that the other car they sold me died after only 75,000 miles. Thanks for nothing.

good car

merkaba, 04/08/2003
GT 4dr Sedan AWD

car good very good, go fast, not break down, like radio.

Excellent car thanks Subaru

RODOLFO MANNELLA, 09/19/2010
GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD

Nice car. I have a nice time driving it hard in all weather like rain or on sand. Never have any issues, thanks you. Nice handling at corners and stopping, power good top.

12345...7