Used 1991 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews

$753 - $1,841

Used Legacy for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Loved my Suby

bullshartist, 10/08/2008
L 4dr Sedan

I loved this car... finally sold it because it seemed like it was having transmission problems @ 172000 miles -- later found out it was probably just a clogged filter. Only FWD Subaru I have ever seen, but it handled in snow and ice beautifully -- and I live in Alaska. A very steady ride, power everything. I did have to make some repairs -- alternator, both CV joints, rubber door gaskets, new struts, sun visor on driver's side. However, NEVER any engine problems. Always started. Left it parked in -20 degrees for 2 weeks and it still started. It had lots of heart.

unbreakable japanese car

jhalan777, 11/15/2007
LSi 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought this car with over 250,000+ miles on it, and despite some idle issues that I have just now been able to handle this car just wont quit, its too ugly to sell, I use it as a back up car, but it starts and drives, despite only running on two cylinders for the last six months!

Bullet Proof

StealthATK, 12/18/2009
Sport Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

I've owned my Legacy for approximately 4 years while it's been in my family for 10. The car has been in 3 major accidents with no injuries to us and THAT is no accident. The car is a tank, reliable, and intelligently designed. My only complaint is that it's a gas pig for a 4 cyl. I drive the car as if it were stolen and have owned many other (much newer and "more sophisticated") cars and nothing touches this thing for stability and handling. The car is sure footed and agile, whatever the situation. The turbo provides ample power, and drive train distributes power evenly. I am the envy of all my friends.

Sport Sedan (Turbo)

subaruturbozz, 07/27/2002
Sport Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

Very fun and and fast. For the Turbo model only the block is of a closed- deck design, ideal for high-boost applications. The crank and rods are forged, while the pistons are cast. The Sport Sedan version usualy does not have a rust problem. I’m up north and have no rust what so ever. One of the reasons for that is the Sport Sedan version has galvanized Steel panels. Also Not only is it AWD with ABS it has a 3.90 Limited Slip Differential in the rear. It’s a very Unique car.

Great 2nd hand car

gough_1200, 09/14/2002
LS 4dr Sedan

Bought this car as the second owner. Has had no mechanical problems. Responds very well, no slugishness when first taking off. The previous owner kept all paper work for maintenance to this vehicle. Oil changes right on time, had engine parts checked on and replaced as needed (such as hoses, clamps,etc.) Performance is very good, as is the reliability.