Used 2019 Subaru Impreza Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Impreza for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Nice car, nothing great nothing bad

Raja Chava, 09/11/2019
2.0i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have had a 2007 Camry and replaced it with Impreza after 13yrs. Our primary requirement was AWD, reliability and affordability. It was easy to filter and narrow down the list of cars. We bought Impreza base model with EyeSight. We also got lifetime oil changes for $500 (2 oil changes/yr for as long I own the car) The good: Smooth ride Perfect size for our needs Lot of features in the base model (Dual LCD displays, Bluetooth, USB, Apple/Android connectivity, good interiors, high quality cloth seats, all weather mats) Good sound quality (with just 4 speakers) Price: Paid $19,350 (2.i with EyeSight) + Tax + fee (under $300) The bad: Mileage: Pittsburgh has no flat roads and lot of stop signs. We drove around 300 miles so far and fuel average is just 19 MPG. I hope it will increase after first service. Gas tank: With 19 MPG and a 13 gallon tank, we have to make far more trips to gas station (Almost once a week with our 30 mile/day usage), which I hate to do in winter. Second row hump: I only sat in the back row for sometime but the hump in the middle made the middle seat useless. It may be good for a child but not for an adult. Manual driver seat adjustments: The driver seat adjustments are manual. My 07 Camry has power driver seat, how come a 2019 model still comes with manual adjustments? Me and wife both use the car and its always a hassle to adjust the seat. I am missing my Camry here. No DRL: No day time running lights. So we always keep the lights on. Center HVAC vents: These are in the middle vertically. If you hold your steering in the middle horizontally, your hand blocks air. I believe it will be more annoying when you turn on heat since the hot air directly hits your hand. To be honest there is no wow factor(except AWD and price) here compared to my 13 year old Camry.

Good so far...

MAC, 12/21/2019
2.0i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Have the sedan, premium with eyesight, rear cross-traffic alert and weather package since April 2019. So far so good. Good safety and function. Understated, classic looks. Specifics: Suspension - outstanding. Perfect balance of road feel and cushion. You would be hard pressed to find something better - at any price level. Acceleration - fair. CVT is adequate for my driving style but you won't be winning any races in this one. Handling - curves - outstanding Hugs the road. Any weather. Handling - highway straight - good but over 70 the car does wander a little in the lanes Braking - fair/good. Works well but car seems to want to pull away at stops unless you keep a lot of pressure on the brakes. They do stop the car effectively though which is more important. Noise - low engine RPMs - very good. Noise - higher RPMs - fair. The engine does drone a bit at higher acceleration and driving loads. Visibility - very good - best in class. Huge windows and good driver position. Large, effective side mirrors. Especially with BSD. Room - very good. Lots of headroom and rear seat legroom. Child seat accommodation is outstanding and latches are the easiest I have ever used. Instrumentation - Good. Looks classic but has a lot of tech with good displays. Infotainment screen could be about an inch or two larger which it is in the Limited. Eyesight - collision warning - very good. Works well without false positives. It also does a great job of recognizing hazards up close but seems to be able to calculate your closing speed and the position of an object in front that is fairly distant but still poses an issue given your own speed. Impressive. Eyesight - dynamic cruise control - fair. Follows cars well provided they don't pull away. It slows down when needed but doesn't seem to speed up when the car in front does. Eyesight - lane keep assist - N/A. Don't really use it because it seems spooky to me. I think it works pretty well though. Eyesight - lane departure - very good. Not intrusive and mostly accurate. BSD - Outstanding. Few false positives. Seems to know the difference between 1 lane and 2 lanes away. Not intrusive but there when you need it. Rear cross traffic - good. Some false positives but accurate otherwise. It will not stop the car though. Back-up camera - Fair/good. Works well but with poor weather can be difficult to see. Also doesn't have multiple angles like some cars. Ergonomics - Good. Most things in the right places and easy to use. One issue is climate control knobs which are cheap and small. Seating - Good/Fair. Nothing especially bad about seats but the front seats could use a little more bolstering/support. Some people may prefer not to have the seat pushing into you. Others will want more support on long trips. Adjustable front headrests (rather than having angled excessively forward) is a nice touch. Storage - poor. Not sure what they were thinking. There is one center console this awkwardly placed and hard to access. The USB ports are there - not towards the front. You have to run your charger cable through a small opening in the top of the center console and it is really awkward to even get the USB plugged in because the wire has to fold back over itself. Cup holders are too wide and the plastic prongs will not adjust to the size of your cup. It might be a small issue but I am not sure what they were thinking. Not good enough. Mileage - Fair. Get 30 if mostly on highways. But around town, it's less. Not great in this day and age. Hope that helps. I had always been a Honda person but I have been impressed so far. You can beat the safety and AWD, especially at this price.

I so want to love this car!

Jayamare, 01/19/2020
2.0i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car as my first new car. Owning a Subaru was something I was wanting. I originally opted for a wrx sti however I chose Impreza because it had a similar look but better gas mileage. Well overall I want to love this car, but I am so very disappointed with the gas mileage I've been getting so far. I have less than 2000 miles on the car and I'm getting on average 14 mpg, this is up from about 8 mpg. I chose a new car so I would not have problems, yet they keep downplaying this problem. I understand that the EPA is under certain conditions, but this is grossely off and different. I'm going to bring it in, on my time and I am concerned about this. I am so disappointed.

Great car

Elsie, 07/08/2019
2.0i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We specifically bought this car for a teenager. It’s very safe, drives great and looks awesome. My kid loves it!

Subaru impreza nah more like Subaru guttless

c fiscus, 01/05/2021
2.0i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

the engine in this car lacks serious punch. the on dash computer that logs your miles per gallon of gas is terribly incorrect says i average only 24 miles to the gallon and only 23 miles an hour driving . for the 24 miles a gallon maybe if its a truck or a sporty engine but really. basically if you want a go cart for $ 22,900 buy this car or any subaru impreza . Subaru Step your game up.