2017 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

How long should OE tires last?
By Patti

2017 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

After 2 years and 30311 miles, the tires needed replacement. This was in spite of regular tire rotation. Subaru customer service recites that tire life is recommended at 24000. General tire wear is 40,000 according to several reputable web sites. Subaru customer service told me I needed to contact the tire company to register a complaint. My feeling is I didn't buy tires, I bought a car with tires on it, and I expect the manufacturer that purchased the original equipment to stand behind the product

Not sold on Subaru
By One_BKNY

2017 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i Premium 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

The '17 Impreza redo was really promising, after a few months it quickly became an enormous disappoint with big time buyer remorse. Five separate repairs had me considering an immediate trade in but who in their right mind takes an immediate "depreciation" cash bath. Subaru's supposed reliability and owner satisfaction reputation is truly hard to believe after nagging suspension issues, fuel lid and power door lock issues, a backup camera reinstall and an oil cap replacement. Aside from the dealer repairs (needing to brace yourself for dealer surprises, what terribly awesome waiting room anticipation, worse than ERs) to be fair the hatch is definitely versatile for those needing AWD in avoiding SUVs and the optional safety spend option is a must. The transmission is unnecessarily underpowered even with light driving, merging on highways, difficult. The weight of the car with a weak engine won't bode well for long term ownership. What else, to see a cd player, HD radio and more USB ports recently added to the Premium trim is another new kick to the groin but you can't exactly ask the manufacturer for a do over. The point is you seriously need to consider legitimate, unbiased, unbought reviews (manufacturers and dealers alike) factoring real cost, real reliability, brand along with what you truly need to make as much as an educated decision as possible. Edmunds had it right from the outset but I regretfully passed on their commentary for other favorable reviews of what I wanted to believe in. Big mistake. Oh and TrueCar for comparison pricing? Useless. You're simply at the mercy of the dealer and your tolerance for bs each and every time. Good luck and happy, safe driving.

Out of Control!
By George

2017 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i Limited 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Bought our first Subaru last fall. It took some time to get used to CVTransmission but worth the good gas mileage. What we can’t get used to is the “wobble of death” ride we have to endure each time we drive over grooved pavement at highway speed! Deeper grooves cause the vehicle to shift side to side making it difficult to stay in the driving lane. My wife reported it to the dealer who said when the tires wore in it would go away??? Well, at second oil change about 10,000miles I told service manager car would feel like it was out of control on grooved pavement—he said the “the wobble of death” like when you go over a steel grating with your motorcycle and I said exactly! He said they could try to realign tires. I asked I if it could be a problem with ABS or AWD traction control. He said no cause there were no warning light on. So every time we go over this particular stretch of highway I grip the steering wheel, pray and listen to my wife complain that she is getting car sick!

Avoid Subaru
By Michael Vaughan

2017 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nothing but trouble with the Impreza and dealership. Similar to other negative reviews regarding the recalls but worse. The armrest top material is wrinkled and damaged from the sun, numerous unresolved electrical problems in addition to the display recall which also has not been resolved, door window not working, key lock not functioning, acceleration issues with gas pedal delay. Should have walked out when the sales petson could not do some simple math and then wanted to accuse me of trying to cheat him over his mistake. Bought the car for my fiance so she would have a reliable vehicle especially in the winter. The dealership has given her run-around numerous times. Avoid the west side dealership in Madison WI. Will be taking this to the next level if not resolved. Definitely NEVER buying another Subaru.

Valued pal
By Kevin D. Ryan

2017 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Rides good,dependable, delivered with nothing at all wrong..inspires confidence