Used 2011 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Unimprezzive
By Alaburn518

2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We use this hatchback as a delivery vehicle, in just the past 500 miles it's needed new ball joints, new brakes, new struts, A.C. system completely redone, and wheel bearings. The only good thing this car has going for it is the awd system, it rattles, it clunks, the back hatch rattles relentlessly, the seats are okay I guess, the radio is downright terrible and the speakers are weak. The gas mileage is not too good for a compact awd only averaging 21 mpg combined. It stores parts well but it isn't good at much else. If it didn't require so many repairs I'd consider it a good choice but it's just constantly more in the shop than we have it on the road. Beware it can get expensive to maintain. Oh and it's already had three transmissions and it holds at 130,852 miles. Head gasket is original still, so that's a plus I guess but that's only a matter of time I'm sure.

Great mpg
By Geo pup

2011 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Regularly get 31+ mpg on road trips. Love heated seats. Never been stuck in snow storms. Bluetooth sucks. Definitely a compact car but you would be surprised how much you can stuff in it with the seats down. Wish rear seats had more leg room. Overall​ love this car.

adult owned subaru
By athena h

2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I really like my car! it has been reliable and fun. The major drawback is the size. But I blame myself for this. I bought my car brand new the first year into my marriage. Now, 6 years later, we have a four year old and a one year old... Fitting 2 carseats in the backseat is comical, and the hatchback is nearly full once you add a diaper bag, and a foldable stroller. I also wish that there were more rear seat features for my children. In the summer they are hot, and in the winter they are cold for shorter trips due to there being no vents back there. The cup-holders in the door are positioned at the bottom, so my 4 year old can't reach drinks or toys stashed in there. Besides the fact that I have clearly "outgrown" the compact size, it's a great little car! In the bad weather it really shines. I have passed many full sized SUVs and trucks stranded in snowy ditches!

Nice inexpensive car
By John

2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

One of the better cars ive owned. I bought the car from a friend at 10k. I drive alot everyday and have around 75k on the car. Besides changing the tires and putting new brakes i haven't spent any money on repairs. The car runs very well and i bring it up to 90-100 miles sometimes with no issues at all. I also live in a area hit hard during winter and have never gotten stuck and i have all seasons on the car. Interior is sorta cheap with hard plastic and a boring design and the stock audio system is horrible. I spend $850 on an aftermarket speakers, amp and deck and it's made the car so much better. Overall great car that's cheap to maintain, drives great.

Plagued with issues, I nicknamed our car Apollo 13
By JMWDC

2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My 2011 Impreza 2.5i Premium has 36,000 miles and while it feels relatively safe in a colder climate, the constant mechanical issues have eclipsed any positives of this vehicle. We also own a 2008 Pontiac Vibe with 75,000 miles. Both vehicles were purchased new and we have invested far more into the Subaru than the Pontiac, even though the price paid was nearly $10,000 more for the Subaru. To be honest, I'm not sure what warrants that difference as today I would pay more for the Vibe. I would never recommend someone buy this car Used. All of the below issues were identified/repaired at Subaru dealers:

1) At ~22,000 miles the Mass Air Flow Sensor died. This should be a 100,000 mile part and was several hundred dollars to replace.

2) At ~20,000 miles the Rear Differential started squealing at 60 mph. At first we thought it was a tire or something and ignored for a few months. We took it to the dealer and they said it was a safety concern that needed to be repaired.

3) The car has been recalled twice in the last year for a brake line/safety issue, and I think there was a third time early on for something else.

4) At ~34,000 our adapter/outlet was found to be faulty after melting two phone chargers and needed to be replaced.

5) The driver's side visor does not fully stay up in the "stowed/unused" position. As if it was built faultily, you flip it up into its resting spot and it slowly sags down. This issue comes and goes in terms of severity, I think temperature plays a role. But it's incredibly irritating when you are driving and your visor slowly opens and hits you on the top of your head, you slam it back into position and it keeps falling, over and over, and there's nothing you can do. The plastic latch looks very cheap, probably wasn't machined properly.

6) At the time of this review, I noticed an oil leak. Can't wait to find out what's happened now.

This will be our first and last Subaru. How do I have a Pontiac that has never once been in the shop for non-routine maintenance, 3 years older than this much more expensive Subaru? The gas mileage on the Impreza is probably right around 20/21. It does handle better in the ice and snow but that's all it has going for it.

The car isn't sure if it's sporty or not, as the seats are very low and have absolutely no back support. I had to buy a back pillow like an old man when my back started to spasm in this car on long trips. Finally the interior is very basic