Used 2011 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

My first auto trans in 10 years
By Mike

2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The vehicle was very reliable, and likable. I bought it with 69,000 miles. It was very capable in the snow. At 90,000 the transmission failed, and had to be rebuilt. My confidence in this vehicle has been shattered. I"m back to looking at trucks with a manual transmission.

Unimprezzive
By Alaburn518

2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We use this hatchback as a delivery vehicle, in just the past 500 miles it's needed new ball joints, new brakes, new struts, A.C. system completely redone, and wheel bearings. The only good thing this car has going for it is the awd system, it rattles, it clunks, the back hatch rattles relentlessly, the seats are okay I guess, the radio is downright terrible and the speakers are weak. The gas mileage is not too good for a compact awd only averaging 21 mpg combined. It stores parts well but it isn't good at much else. If it didn't require so many repairs I'd consider it a good choice but it's just constantly more in the shop than we have it on the road. Beware it can get expensive to maintain. Oh and it's already had three transmissions and it holds at 130,852 miles. Head gasket is original still, so that's a plus I guess but that's only a matter of time I'm sure.

Great mpg
By Geo pup

2011 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Regularly get 31+ mpg on road trips. Love heated seats. Never been stuck in snow storms. Bluetooth sucks. Definitely a compact car but you would be surprised how much you can stuff in it with the seats down. Wish rear seats had more leg room. Overall​ love this car.

adult owned subaru
By athena h

2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I really like my car! it has been reliable and fun. The major drawback is the size. But I blame myself for this. I bought my car brand new the first year into my marriage. Now, 6 years later, we have a four year old and a one year old... Fitting 2 carseats in the backseat is comical, and the hatchback is nearly full once you add a diaper bag, and a foldable stroller. I also wish that there were more rear seat features for my children. In the summer they are hot, and in the winter they are cold for shorter trips due to there being no vents back there. The cup-holders in the door are positioned at the bottom, so my 4 year old can't reach drinks or toys stashed in there. Besides the fact that I have clearly "outgrown" the compact size, it's a great little car! In the bad weather it really shines. I have passed many full sized SUVs and trucks stranded in snowy ditches!

Nice inexpensive car
By John

2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

One of the better cars ive owned. I bought the car from a friend at 10k. I drive alot everyday and have around 75k on the car. Besides changing the tires and putting new brakes i haven't spent any money on repairs. The car runs very well and i bring it up to 90-100 miles sometimes with no issues at all. I also live in a area hit hard during winter and have never gotten stuck and i have all seasons on the car. Interior is sorta cheap with hard plastic and a boring design and the stock audio system is horrible. I spend $850 on an aftermarket speakers, amp and deck and it's made the car so much better. Overall great car that's cheap to maintain, drives great.