Used 2007 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews

Used Impreza for Sale
Select your model:
12345...17

Pros
Cons

A Good Buy!

TomQ, 05/09/2008

I was looking for a fun car that is unique and practical. The WRX Wagon is fun, unique, and practical for sure. The power is enough for the street and having fun at a track. The all wheel drive can make a bad driver look good :o) (i appreciate that) It is reliable and robust. Designed from rally roots, it's a beast on dirt roads too. Being a sports car, Subaru did not add sound dampening, which means if you are on a tar and gravel road, you will hear it, but this reduction in weight is a plus overall.

Awsome car

jdvozz72, 02/02/2012

Love the car!

2007 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 2.5 Manual

jdktchkov@gmail.com, 02/10/2017
Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a 2007 Subaru Outback Sport 2.5L with a 5-speed manual for one year. I purchased the car with 118,000 miles and ended my time with the vehicle with 148,000 miles. My overall experience was a disappointment. The driving experience was never truly enjoyable, I have a strong dislike for the weirdly laid out transmission. The car was mostly used for city freeway and traffic commute, which I understand isn't its ideal environment. The transmission with its overly aggressive 1st and 2nd gear, nicely laid out 3rd and 4th gear and almost anemic 5th gear made commuting miserable. Interior quality was fine and I appreciated having an AUX port. My biggest issue was maintenance. I understand that I put a lot of miles in a short period of time, but I was very attentive to regular care and up keep. The car always burned a lot of oil, even when it was taken in early for an oil change, the shops would say it was bone dry. I had major issues with a "fork" connected to the flywheel which set me back about $2000 dollars, in addition to a blown catalytic converter. All of this occurred after having the car inspected prior to purchasing. Lastly, one of the most annoying features was, if the check engine light popped up, the car disabled the cruse control.

A better SAAB...?

Doug, 10/04/2009

3rd Impreza, 5th Subaru. A sports sedan with SUBSTANCE. Subaru AWD has pulled us through winter whiteouts (even with the performance Bridgestone RE-92 tires) when 4wd pickups and SUVs were all over the place. Solid construction--some of that vault-like feel of the Europeans, without the disappointments. Love the Alfa-esque styling; my "hog-nose" the last of the good-looking Imprezas before Subaru began taking their styling cues from the Koreans. More than adequate power & handling for my needs from base 2.5i. Instrument layout, gauge lighting superb. Quirky enough to start a cult-following, yet reliable to keep those of us on a budget coming back for more. A better SAAB? Just MAYBE...

I love my Subie

Andy, 12/13/2006

I just sold my 99 Mustang GT and got an 07 Impreza. Great car. Plenty of pep considering it uses the same engine as the Impreza RS's used from 1999-2005 and it has pretty much the same 0-60 time as the Civic SI for less. The AWD is a blessing in adverse weather. This is my second Subaru and definitely won't be my last. I'll have to step up to a WRX next time though. I highly suggest adding the foglights and spoiler to the vehicle. They really complete the rally like look these cars are bred for.

12345...17