Used 2007 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews

Used Impreza for Sale
Select your model:
12345...17

Pros
Cons

165,000 mile update

fandango, 12/01/2012

At 150,000 a head gasket was leaking. This repair cost about $2,500, which included grinding the valves while the heads were off and replacing the water pump and timing belt. Unfortunately, this is a fairly common repair for Subarus. The car is still fun to drive. It has a great power/weight ratio. I still think of this as my "new car," and it looks and feels new despite some hard use. The car is rugged built to last.

Go Fast Stealth Mode

springsubie, 12/11/2006

This is what the WRX STI should be. Awesome performance without attracting unwanted attention. Mine is Urban Grey, #371/800, and it blends in with other cars. The acceleration is terrific once the turbo gets to full boost at 4,000 RPMs. And the handling is equally inspiring causing you to challenge every corner. The downside is incredibly high insurance cost even if you are 40+ with a clean driving record.

A Good Car

Frank, 01/02/2008

I have owned the WRX for over six months now and I enjoy driving it but off the show room floor it does not perform as well as I had hoped. Fortunately there are solutions to some of the performance problems. Better tires made a big difference in handling and ride quality. 22 mpg is okay but 28 or better would help the wallet a bit. The quality of the interior materials is sufficent. I have not had any problems there.

Great Performance, Not a Commuter Car

Amanda, 02/21/2007

Has a comfortable ride, with great power in acceleration (highway especially). It's got guts to it, made for speed, so lead foots beware. Braking takes getting used to, because of AWD. As noted by many magazines, gas mileage is poor (my average is 23 MPG). Interior is simplified nothing fancy. Of all the cars I test drove in this class, for me these race inspired seats are the most comfortable (I'm 5'9). The stock CD/sound system is good and easy to use, also arrangement of speakers are well done. Can't forget handling, the car turns corners amazingly. Steering is nimble.

Good Car with a few flaws

sub1, 03/29/2007

I have had this car for 5 months now and it's a nice little car. The horsepower is plenty for normal use and the AWD will take us anywhere in a blizzard. The downside is the mileage, I have averaged around 23 and got 26 on a long highway trip. I thought the size of the car was great (I'm 5'8" 160) until I drove one of my larger friends (6'4" 220?) on a road trip. The back seat is too small for adults on long trips, but what do you expect in a compact wagon? Some other flaws I notice are the wipers don't go fast enough for Seattle rain and the bass goes away when you use the stereo aux jack. The satellite radio sampler only gave us like 15 stations, not a great sales pitch for Sirius.

12345...17