Used 2007 Subaru Forester Wagon Consumer Reviews

Used Forester for Sale
Select your model:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

2007 Forester XT Sport, my 1st and last Subaru

taun, 09/11/2013
Sports 2.5 XT 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I purchased a 2007 Forester XT Sport (the turbo version) with the expectation that I would be getting a car that was fun to drive, reliable, and had AWD. It has been anything, but reliable. At about 44k miles, the check engine light came on. When I went to have the car diagnosed, the dealer said I had P1410, P2431, P2432, and P2444 fault codes showing up indicating that I had a problem with the secondary air valve. That problem, was a $1200 fix, as my car was outside the 36k warranty. At 61k miles, the radiator cracked and sprayed fluid all over the engine bay. That was a $540 repair. Needless to say, I am done with this car and will not be buying another Subaru because of it.

New Subaru

jao118, 10/17/2006
2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my Subaru this month. I am slightly disappointed in the mileage. I get 23 in town but my highway drive is 25.5. I am hoping this will get better.

love it

grocerygetten, 12/30/2006
2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. Got 8 inches of snow 1 week after I bought it, and it was great. Handles like a dream. I'm over 6 foot and have plenty of room. Looks great too. I feel very safe in this car. Had a small S.U.V. before and was afraid it would tip over, not in my new Subaru. A very fun to drive car.

shy rocket

Fyrecherdo, 12/06/2006
2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my first Subaru. I've owned mostly Toyotas. I love the Boxer engine and the feel of AWD. I put two of my buddies inside for a spin and surprised them when the front end "launched" straight up when accelerated. From the outside this car looks like a soccer-mom transport.

Great Value for the Money

greydigger07, 07/02/2011
2.5 X 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased the Forester after many months of comparison shopping and test drives and 15,000 miles later, I couldn't be happier with my choice. I get around 27 mpg from mostly highway driving and have the safety and security of AWD to boot! Last winter, Chicago had one of the worst snowstorms in its history. Despite whiteout conditions and huge snow drifts, my Forester got me home and was sure footed and confident the whole time. The car has great outward vision, decent pickup for merging and great handling thanks to its flat four and lower ride height. In my opinion, the Forester is perfect for someone who wants more space but doesn't want to give up the fun of a small car.

12345...14