Skip to main content

Used Forester for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...23

Pros
Cons
4.75 out of 5 stars

Love this car!

shannonehill, 06/25/2013
2001 Subaru Forester L AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my 2001 Subaru Forester since 2004 and have loved every minute of owning this car. My Subaru is nearing 200k and sadly starting to deteriorate (rust spots, transmission, and suspicious coolant leak) so I'm looking for a new car. I would buy another Subaru in a heart beat if I was looking for longevity. I also love having all wheel drive. As long as my tires are in good shape I've never had any trouble in the snow. Aside from normal maintenance of a high mileage car I've spent little on my Subaru. My car has also never broken down. I swear the commercials brainwash you but really I love this car and would drive it till the day I die if I could.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Love this car! Waiting for a hybrid!

Baltomd, 09/27/2010
2001 Subaru Forester S AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Everyone hates the cup holders and back seats in this year, so no need to comment. This car has been through several accidents (2 rear ends, high impact, and one passenger side). No one hurt. 235k miles so far. Totally fun to drive, a breeze to park. Feels like an SUV and behaves like a compact. Many years of highway commuting and felt very safe. (accidents were other idiots in local traffic!). I'm sorry that the newer models are high end premium. This is the perfect car to adapt to a hybrid! Not giving this puppy up yet!

4.63 out of 5 stars

I am in love with my Forester!

agarside, 05/01/2012
2001 Subaru Forester L AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I got my Forester awhile back and I am still loving it! Every time that I go out to drive it I still get excited to this day. I thought it being a 2001 it wouldn't be very good but that is the opposite! I love my Forester!

5 out of 5 stars

I love my Forester and all of the other Subaru's I've owned.

jbunting82, 12/18/2011
2001 Subaru Forester S AWD 4dr Wagon w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My Forester has been great since the day I bought it. It's never once ever left me stranded and gets me where I need to go every time. I don't ever have to worry about if it will let me down even with the 140,000 miles it currently has on it. I have had to replace some things here and there along the way, but that's normal on every kind of car. I see these people on here complain about Subaru and it makes me laugh. Subaru builds some of the most reliable vehicles on the road and dollar for dollar there is nothing out there that beats their overall value. I'm convinced that if you've had nothing but problems with your Subaru, the real problem is probably you, not the car.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Safe, Excellent Reliability Car

Subaru Owner, 01/03/2007
2001 Subaru Forester L AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Forester for over 6 years now and could not be more pleased. The AWD is very safe in the rain and ice. We even tried to get it to slide in bad weather and couldn't get it to! It has been very reliable and dependable and has held up well. I have only replaced one wheel bearing since I owned the car, everything else has been perfect. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants a safe reliable car that is very comfortable to drive.

12345...23