Used 2005 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

Used Baja for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...12

Pros
Cons

JUST got it paid for :( !

SManning, 11/17/2009
Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I have mixed feeling about my Suby. I have had a few problems but nothing prepared me for this: at 71K, I'm replacing the turbo!! JOY! To the tune of $1800. This despite babying it with regular maintenance. I am thoroughly disgusted that the first foreign car I've bought in years is less dependable than my Jeeps and Durangos. I purchased this car for its reliability and planned to drive it 200K. What a rip!

Perfect match for my active lifestyle

Mike Custodio, 08/08/2010
Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Bought my turbo baja with 56k on it, and racked up 10k in 6 months. While there is both positive and negative attitude about it, the turbo baja matches my lifestyle perfectly. It excels in Back country roads, carrying kayak, mtn bikes, and occasional landscaping items. Performance and handling excel that of a true truck. I love trucks, but I love my baja better. Downsides: Get the Bed ext. Turbo lag and reluctant downshifts sap power. But once you get going, your gone. Frequent oil changes: every 3,000 miles for turbos. My ABS unit somehow decided to fail. It will cost $1200 to replace, dealership unsure what caused the failure. Otherwise, this subie matches my lifestyle and driving habits

Bummed about my Baja baby

ellen, 12/16/2008
Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

It was initially love @ 1st site but bloom soon faded. 1st issue, dash panels around A/C controls started peeling upon touch, never replaced. Bad experiences w/dealership caused me to go to another Subaru dlr serv. dept when brake problems began & driver window wouldn't close tightly. Was asked if car had been in accident because bolts were missing on one side @ brake apparatus. While under warranty, brakes were worked on @ least 3 times. No permanent resolution on brakes or ANY other issues I ever presented. Extended wrnty doesn't cover brakes & I'm still having problems. Told my family to have car fully inspected if accident occurs due to brake issue - and sue the pants off of Subaru!

excellent work truck

FL inspectors, 08/04/2010
Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

290,000 miles in 5.5 yrs. 90% of the time with a generator and tools in the back. Minimal maintenance, record of 220,000 miles before 1st belt change. AWD with FL rain, wonderful! 24 mpg with full load. Very satisfied. A little worried about inevitable future maintenance due to mileage.

Sooby rooby roo, we love you!

Lucas Martin, 05/31/2016
Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is amazing. I love how it looks. It really fits the Colorado lifestyle. Haven't taken it to the shop in two years and still runs like new. The back is really cool. If you are a fun loving personand you live near the mountains, I highly recommend this car for you. It does have a few issues. One is that there are only 4 seats in the car. Another one is that the gearshift is pretty wobbly. But overall, this car is the most amazingest car ever.

12345...12