2021 Subaru Ascent SUV Consumer Reviews

$32,295

Save as much as $1,095
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Fantastic engine, sketchy CVT

Joe Mama, 01/02/2021
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Pros: 2.4L Turbo engine. A far less spartan interior than Subarus are known for. Great head and legroom. Mostly quiet ride. Limited on up trims provide a manual mode with paddle shifters. Definitely a must for slow speeds and stop and go traffic. Cons: 20" wheels with 245/50 tires are harsh riding. A hesitant and indecisive CVT squanders the power band of the engine. Touchscreen is primitive, circa 2015. Annoying, too bright indicators for the compass and passenger airbags.

Love it but !!

1hammer1, 03/14/2021
Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This is the best handling and rideing suv that I have ever owned ( this is my 9th Subaru ) 2021 Subaru Ascent touring ( BUT ) The front passinger seat has no up and down ajustment ( strange for a high end touring ) and it is just plain noisey lots of wind and road noise and only a 19.2 gas tank with a turbo that really sucks the gasoline and the front seat bottoms are too hard & firm for a long trip. I really wish that I could give this Subaru Ascent 5 stars but I can not, When going down the interstate @ 65mph we ( my wife and I ) Can not hear and understand the radio and barely each other just a bunch of noise because of the road and wind noise (SAD ) for almost $50,000 so as a loyal Subaru owner I only give ( 4 stars ) and because of the above I am trying out other brands now, I demand good ride and comfort AND QUIET.

More Power

Michael Pinard, 10/21/2020
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

After trading from 3.6 liter Outback to the Ascent very disappointed in engine performance. Much less power and much more interior cabin engine noise. After 7000 miles there is still hesitation during acceleration especially when engine is cold and we live in Florida. Dealership says it is the nature of this model. Too bad because I like all the features put into this model. But in the end engine performance , smooth acceleration is what counts.

Ad
Build Your Ascent®
At a Glance:
  • $32,295starting MSRP

Great on slick roads

Bryce, 01/04/2021
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

My wife is claustrophobic so the large moon roof really opens up the cabin. I love the driving assist features and she loves being able to turn them off.

ULTIMATE ACTIVE FAMILY SUV!!!

Chris Richards, 11/04/2020
Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Test drove everything, BMW X5, Audi, Mercedes, Honda, Toyota, etc...and the Subaru Ascent is the best all around SUV! Can’t beat the price for what you get. Perfect vehicle for active families, camping, beach, you name it! Smooth ride, drives great, lots of pep, great turning radius, comfy seats, great mileage, lots of great tech and safety features, tons of cargo and AWD!!