Used 2008 Scion xD Hatchback Consumer Reviews

Used xD for Sale
Select your model:
12345...33

Pros
Cons

Owned for a 18 months

kenct, 09/10/2009

The first time I saw this Barcelona Red Scion I loved it and it has proven to be a good purchase. I needed a reliable car to bomb about town and for short range (<500 miles) highway trips, although took did a 2000 mile trip and car preformed great. I also needed good cargo capacity and excellent gas mileage. It has proven itself on all counts. The red color is very easy to spot among all the silver cars in big parking lots. I also keep the rear seat down for hauling cargo; mostly golf clubs and groceries.

Overpriced for what you get

DL, 08/09/2007

My wife bought this monday. Over all it is not a bad car but dealing with Scion dealers left a bad taste in our mouth. Scion likes to claim they have a "Pure Price" that is set by Scion but the dealers pile on doc fees and every other fee you can think of. But that is enough about the horrible dealers and lets talk about the xD. The car itself is very small. It is basicly a four door toyota yaris but it does have side airbags standard and in this car you will need them in a T bone crash. My wife thought the ride of the car was ok but to me it felt just like the old scion xA which was bumpy and cheap feeling. The car has about 23 more hp than the xA but on the road you cannot feel it.

Tires are garbage

cfeather, 02/28/2011

Research this carefully. The Goodrich tires that came on this vehicle new are garbage. Had to be replaced at 24 K. But there are only 2 manufacturers who make a tire for this car. Both are garbage. So what good is reliability, fuel efficiency, etc. if the tires are failing? New tires (Dunlop) were $600 at dealer cost. Wheel bearing went out on my XA at 32K, so I have that to look forward to next! GM parts used on these cars, so this is to be expected.

Disappointed

Cyn, 06/06/2008

Gas mileage not what was promised. I'm only getting 22.3 MPG mostly city with some highway. My old 6 cyl Mercedes got similar! The dash board rattles, sounds like there's a hornet in the car. Lots of blind spots, the rear window is like a porthole; the wide front struts and bulky side mirrors completely obscure pedestrians in crosswalks and vehicles approaching on the right. Visibility is so poor, I don't think I'll be keeping the car. Wish I'd gotten the Honda Fit. Too bad, Scion.

Love My 2008 "Lil Hottie" Scion XD

Love My Scion XD, 06/16/2008

I purchased my 2008 Scion Xd a week ago and I am enjoying my drive. It is a fun car to drive and I look forward to driving it every day. It is a little noisy but the standard features outweigh the road noise. I test drove the Honda Fit, the Nissan Versa and the Honda Civic before test driving the Scion Xd and when I did I knew I had found the car. It was fun to drive and all the standard features. The gas mileage is what they say 26 city avg. and 32 hwy miles. I mainly drive city miles. I do wish it had a center armrest. Wished the VSC would come standard but other than that I love my Scion in red. Enjoy when I see turned heads as I drive by. I love it's uniqueness in looks. Love it!

12345...33