Used 2008 Scion xD Hatchback Consumer Reviews

Used xD for Sale
Select your model:
12345...33

Pros
Cons

Good Economy Car for Rural Area

mjc, 07/10/2008

I live in the northern mountains of NH; my driving is mostly rural, seldom faster than 65; there is virtually no stop-and-go traffic. My xD has an automatic and also traction/stability control. My lowest gas mileage has been 37; my highest 40.5. (I figure my MPG mechanically: first click off on fill up with rounding to nearest nickel.) My last three tanks averaged 39 mpg.

All-around great little car!

phxpatrick, 07/10/2008

With gas at $4 a gallon, I researched several higher-mileage cars including the Toyota Yaris, Nissan Versa, Honda Fit, and the Scion XD. I chose the Scion even though it didn't have the highest MPG ratings, but it did come with far more standard amenities and just as many safety features as the others. To add all of the standard XD features to the Yaris, Versa or Fit, and you'd bump their prices higher than the base XD. In addition to the great mileage (I'm averaging about 33 MPG in mixed- conditions, driving 50 miles a day), it has 128 HP which gets me in and out of traffic quickly. I'm 5'11, 200 lbs, and there's plenty of head, leg and hip room. I highly recommend the XD!

Surprisingly fun and inexpensive car

Carl, 11/02/2008

Bought this guy a couple of months ago as an all-around hauler. I drive about 75 miles a day for work, was looking for practicality and fun. Also use on weekends for trips to see our daughter at college, etc. Very pleased with the xD. Lowered with TRD springs from dealer, rear spoiler, bumper protector. Have not used for overnight trip, but hauls four adults with ease (we are all short) and occasionally five for trips around town. Looked also at the Honda Fit, also nice, but glad I chose the xD. 33-36 miles per gallon (measured at fill-ups), 35-39 average on readout. Ride (w/TRD springs) is firm but comfortable. Co-worker has an xD also and has had good experience, highly recommended!

I love this car

Reesfun, 12/06/2008

Such a great little car...especially for the price. The gas mileage is fantastic. After 5K miles I have consistently averaged 36+ MPG with combined in city hwy/street driving. Highway mileage alone has come in as high as 42MPG. This car is fun, easy to drive-turn-park and fits me perfectly. My hubby 6' 3" hubby purchased an XB and I fell in love with it with one exception...it's just TOO big inside. I found myself having to reach too far for everything. But the XD has everything at perfect arms length. And the clutch is light and the manual trani is easy to shift. The only negative is that at 5K it has more "little noises" than I would have expected from a Toyota product.

I'll miss you..

IDisposable, 07/23/2009

I loved this beast! Great performance, great handling, great ergonomics. I hauled my wife, two kids and a pop-up trailer all over. This is a great small- family. We sadly had to part ways as there is a third child coming soon, but if Scion would have built a stretched version (ala the Mazda5 we just traded for) we would have stayed in the Scion stable for a third run.

12345...33