Used 1997 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews

Used S-Series for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...34

Pros
Cons

Piece of junk dont waste your money

zap101392, 02/28/2009
SC1 2dr Coupe

has 127,000 on it and it has problems weekly my girlfriend has had it in the shop every month since she bought it, Transmission problems, stalls, wont start, speedometer and tach dont read accuratly, radiator leaks, burns a little oil, Headlight plastic discolors over time and makes for a very dim set of headlights. Now about the car it likes to wander on the road sound system stinks ,accelerations is terrible, seats are very very uncomfortable Yet the car was perfectly fine when it was purchased the only good thing about the car is the gas mileage about 27-34 mpg

1997 Saturn SL

paul, 03/31/2009
SL 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new from Saturn of Albany. These cars have similar problems that go wrong, like coolant temperature sensors/tensioner pulley/burning oil in later years/EGR valve cleaning/ throttle body cleaning/upper motor mount/ etc. These cars are easy to work on and inexpensive to own if you do your homework.. I now have over 180,000 miles on my Saturn and expect it to last another 180,000 miles.

Best car ever owned

little green sat, 04/04/2009
SW2 4dr Wagon

We had to sell our truck when we found out we were going to be parents. We decided to look for a small car that would be good on gas and most important a reliable car. We took a look at this green saturn wagon and decided it was great so we bought it. It has been the best car we could have imagined. It now has 157,000 miles on it and still runs great. I have had to replace the ECT, crank posistion sensor, and just maintaince stuff which if pretty easy on this car. Even with the AT I get 38+ MPG on the highway, and highway driving is almost all I do. It was really nice when gas was 4 bucks a gallon to have this car. The brakes are the second set and still at 40%. I love it

Buy some earplugs with your Saturn!

Dedloff, 05/27/2002
SW2 4dr Wagon

I purchase this vehicle as a "family car". Little did I know that a child car seat does not fit very well in the rear due to the deep scoop of the rear seats. Large amount of side to side movement occurs. Not only that but I traded in my Honda Accord thinking that a Saturn was an equal trade. BOY was I wrong! The ride, handling, feel, and noice level are all smoother in an Accord. My advice, find a nice old Honda Accord Wagon for sale and buy it. You'll save yourself the headache, literally!

Saturns seem to age quicker at 60000 mi.

Stephen K, 05/11/2009
SL2 4dr Sedan

When I purchased this car from a private party at 60,000 miles, it had low mileage for its years and was in pretty great condition for its age. Unfortunately time seems to catch up to Saturns with a vengeance. By 70K miles there were issues with various electrical systems and both the rear power windows and the A/C compressor failed, by 75K miles both rear power windows wouldn't raise anymore, and the engine died at 93500 miles, 2000 miles after the last oil change, because the oil change light didn't come on and the car was running rough. BEWARE of electrical issues on older Saturns!! Other than that, it was a little workhorse...in performance mode (not standard).

12345...34