Used 1997 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews

Used S-Series for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...34

Pros
Cons

Amazing car!

Chris K, 09/12/2017
SL1 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $100. After replacing the motor mount and a new tensioner, its been running great! It's getting me through law school, and only $20 to fill the tank. I get an average of 35 miles per gallon, and because the body is mostly plastic I don't have to worry about dents from the parking lot. I bought it with 120k miles, and currently at 129k miles. Best decision ever, I'm driving this car into the ground.

One of the best cars I've owned

Doug, 03/09/2019
SW2 4dr Wagon

I bought my 1997 SW2 with 161,000 miles for $1000.00 in 2016. As I am writing this review, it has 207,000 miles, and still gets great gas mileage. It has only needed minor repairs (Starter, Battery, Water Pump), and I was able to work on it myself. I also hit a deer at 35 mph, and it only cost me $50.00 for a used fender. It only took 45 minutes to install it. It turned 221,000 miles in September, 2020, and it has not needed any repairs since writing my original review.

The only Reliable American Car

Greg, 11/13/2009
SL1 4dr Sedan

I have owned a couple of Saturns and they have all been great. I am speaking of the reliable aspect of the vehicle. My first Saturn (1993) I sold to my sister and she still drives it today with 240K on it. My current Saturn has 220K on it. It runs very well and I have to put nominal money into it- just regular maintenance. There is road noise like wind, tire, and engine however. That I can do without. But, when you drive a honda, it is no different. The only difference is the Saturn is American and is much cheaper to repair.

Awesome car

ECAP, 04/15/2004
SC2 2dr Coupe

I bought my SC2 with 120,000 miles on it and it has been the best little car. This is my second saturn and i rate the second one higher than the first. I had to put a valve cover gasket and fuel filter in which the cover gasket was the only non-routine thing. SO after about a total of $55.00 and an afternoon under the hood i have a best car. I would NOT recommend visiting saturn dealerships for service. The people in the service department "dance around" the problem and will drive you crazy.

Wish they still made this one

mjw, 08/17/2008
SC1 2dr Coupe

I bought this new and have had it 11 years. Apart from interior damage due to careless kids driving it is a great way of getting from A to B. If it were left to me, Saturn would have only improved the interior design and left the model alone. I still get comments about the "new" car, as on the outside you'd never guess it was 11 years old. Still gets great mileage, and the only money I've spent on it was for a new gear lever part that snapped apart when going into reverse. Just buy brakes, batteries, and tires, and of course, gas! As I said, "wish they still made them."

12345...34