1993 Saturn S-Series Consumer Review: Mid-life wheels

1993 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Review

SC2 Coupe (1.9L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Mid-life wheels
By alshoe on

1993 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

I was looking for a fun car to drive, preferably a stick, (mid-life thing), not too expensive, low maintenance and good fuel mileage. Currently own two Saturns. Just purchased this 1993 SC2. Everything is stock. It is in outstanding condition, only 26,000 + original miles. It is a 5 speed stick, red, rear spoiler, with black cloth interior, 1.9 liter DOHC stock 4 cylinder 125 HP engine. It has power windows and door locks, ABS, AM/FM Cassette original Saturn sound system. New Dunlop 15 inch tires on the stock alloy wheels. Other than a few minor exterior scratches this car looks and drives like showroom new. Even have the original sticker when car was sold new. It is fun to drive!

Styling, 5 speed stick, rear spoiler, cruise control, ABS. Above average handling, road feel, responsivness and cornering. Good driver and front passenger room. I am a bigger than average man but, am comfortable. Decent trunk size and back seats do fold down for additional cargo capacity.

Seat belt auto shoulder with seperate lap belt. Small back seat.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By alshoe
on 12/12/11 14:26 PM (PST)

Update. Owned car seven years now. Have approx. 96,000 miles on it. Been a great car use as daily commuter car. Other than routine maintenance, had to replace the alternator and battery. The gear on the trip odometer broke so the odometer is stuck on 87, 474 miles. Don't plan to sell it so just keep a log of approx. miles driven. Also, replaced the clutch master cylinder. As far as I know it was OEM. Car is parked outside. Interior is showing wear. Everything is operational including the air conditioner which is the old freon system. The clearcoat on the hood is beginning to fade. The pop up headlights still operate. The only negative is just need to check the oil. Use about 1/4 qt. every 1000 miles. Still enjoy driving it and will until she dies.

By alshoe
on 12/12/16 07:49 AM (PST)

Update. I did sell my SC2 in September. I was using it as a commuter car for my work. Bought a new car and retired from my job so no longer needed it. I estimate it had 139,000 + miles on it when I sold it, low mileage for a 1993. I had it tuned up at 100,000 miles. It still ran as described in 2011 writing, very good. Since my last status, the linkage connection on the gear shift lever had to be replaced and the windshield washer stopped working. I sold it for full private party value. I was sad to let her go, but know she will serve her new owner well. Informed them to check the oil though every other week. I still have two other Saturns, 2002 L300 and 2003 VUE. Our new ride is a 2016 Honda Accord. The funny thing is, the Honda Service in my city, is where the old Saturn Dealership used to be. I took my Honda in for its 1000 mile check up, and was odd at first being there as I remember so much from the Saturn days, but then it also felt like home.