List Price

Used Promaster Cargo Van for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

FROM A GUY THAT OWNS TWO 2016 RAM PROMASTERS 1500

PROMASTER OWNER, 08/12/2017
1500 Low Roof 3dr Van w/136" Wheelbase (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I own two pro masters of the same year and the same model, and I want to provide an honest review separated by sections so that you can make the best decision possible when purchasing this vehicle. DO I RECOMMEND THIS VEHICLE: No, I don't. I would suggest you purchase a more reliable van by Ford. The vehicles have been great regarding the space they provide, and I like the seating, but the reason I suggest you stay away from this vehicle is that there is just way too many issues with them. I read some reviews by some disgruntled people and I typically think they're just upset, but it doesn't happen to everyone. Well, I own two, and the problems between both of them have been tremendous, and all before the vehicle reached 30,000 miles. Van 1: Before 20,000 miles first the bolts in the door were loose and began falling out. PROBLEM #1: I noticed something with the door, and it was bent because of the bolts missing and securing the door. PROBLEM #2: While driving the vehicle just died. Towed it to the dealership and entire oil system needed to be replaced because it was malfunctioning. Warranty covered it. PROBLEM #3: The driver side window stopped working and had to get that fixed. PROBLEM #4: The sensor for low tire pressure is always on indicating low pressure when it's fine, had to get that replaced. PROBLEM #5: Back door wouldn't open, the cables had to be readjusted on the door. PROBLEM #6: The air conditioner now produces a low-level hum that is always present. I haven't had this fixed yet but will update when I have it addressed. PROBLEM #7: The headlight bulbs burn out fast. I've had to replace them about five times already; this isn't normal. CONCLUSION: All these issues had taken place before 30,000 and were all covered by warranty. I will say that calling Promaster has been great as they took care of all the issues for me and they do a great job at that. Even if you take it to the dealership, always notify Promaster so they can follow up with everything. VAN 2 PROBLEMS: I purchased this with 20,000 miles, and all of these issues happened before 40,000. PROBLEM #1: Headlight keeps going on on the left, I replace it twice a month at this point. PROBLEM #2: When turning on the van the air conditioner doesn't work, and I have to restart the vehicle once or twice for it to reset and turn on. PROBLEM #3: The sliding door is stuck shut and won't open. I have to take it in because the handle won't work or anything else. PROBLEM #4: The vehicle is starting to loose power when driving and I'm taking it to warranty again next week for this issue. PROBLEM #5: The tire pressure sensor keeps tripping when the tires are filled just fine. No one should purchase a new vehicle or one with 20,000 miles and have this many issues; it's ridiculous​.

Beware

John, 12/27/2017
3500 High Roof 3dr Van w/Extended Length (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have 4 of these vans. Used for construction related biz. Also own Ford and GM vans. The Dodge Promaster is without a doubt the worst trucks we have ever owned. Mechanical and electrical failures. Cannot keep head lights in them. Also, these front wheel drive trucks do not go through snow or even wet roads. If you put any weight past the rear axle forget it. Front tires wear out fast. We have switched to Ford Transit vans. To early to tell how they will work out. If you buy a Dodge Promaster be sure do buy as much extended warranty as you can afford. You will need it.

Do not purchase

Miller, 12/06/2017
2500 High Roof 3dr Van w/159" Wheelbase (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Steering rack bad after 60K, goes through headlights(replaced twice each side the past year), last.....threw a rod at 111K. Parts are difficult to find, and expensive when you do. Pretty sad for a $38,000 dollar vehicle.....

Every contractor or delivery person should own it!

Ernest DeCarlo, 02/16/2016
1500 High Roof 3dr Van (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

While there are a few quirks about this vehicle, the good far outweighs them. The front wheel drive is great. I have driven it twice in snow and wheels barely spin. The turning radius is great also and cargo is much better than my old GMC Savanna. The quirks are the left side arm rest is way too low for the seating position. And you sit at top of front window while putting the seat in lowest position. Like I said there is a lot to like about this vehicle for what I use it for. I'm in a service based business. I do not haul a lot of weight.

Great Platform Poor Durability

Tony, 04/12/2018
2500 High Roof 3dr Van w/159" Wheelbase (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I own several of these. Very functional vehicle but I would never buy one again. These things have a great design for use, more storage, front wheel drive, better gas mileage, but break down all the time. The worst part is I purchased the 5yr/200k warranty on all of them (9) thinking this would take care of it, however, most dealerships give very little help and sit for days before they can even get looked at. Each dealer has one guy that works on these, maybe two if it is a big dealer. Radiator hose is a 3 day wait. This is a business killer if you have to depend on the vehicle to make money. They eat headlights like crazy, Ram knows there is a problem but does nothing. 2018 big fix was to no longer have daytime running lights and put manual light switch back in. Do yourself a huge favor and get something else. Crazy misdiagnosis repairs all the time. My current problem is a 2018 with 1511 miles, yes just over a 1500 miles. ABS/ECM /service engine lights and power loss. Dealer says.................................It will be a few days before we can look at it. Never again Ram!

12345...7