Used 2015 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 2500 model:

2015 RAM 4x4 Outdoorsman Long Bed.
By Norm A.

2015 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Outdoorsman 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

It is not the most comfortable vehicle for long distance driving. It will haul great loads, tow very well, and generally feels safe and great to drive, but the seats lack that last bit of comfort. After 60K miles I still like it a lot, but it did require a seat cushion for lumbar support. I'd 6'2" and 250 lbs, so your milage may vary.

Luxury car on steriods
By ros mell

2015 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Big Horn 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Condensed version. The cumbersome "Thing" doesn't know what it is. Decked out like a luxury car with oversized trunk pretending to be a truck? It's an over priced glitzy "looker" and that's about it. At around $52,000 I guess it's gotta be something? Thought I could live with it or get used to it. After around a year of owning, I actually hate getting into it trying to use or driving it. Pain to get everything into and out of because of the height. Even people, using wheel to wheel side steps. Cargo? Right? Too high up to be practical for loading and unloading most anything. Might be okay for towing something with 6.4L Hemi engine? But? Isn't the truck bed meant to carry materials eliminating the need to use trailers most of the time? The layout stinks for use as a truck inside and out. Touch screen crap, steering controls or voice commands are not practical or laid out well. CD player hidden in center console? Annoying chrome handle on center console glares sunlight in eyes while driving. What's practical? Not much to me for either driver or passenger use. Turning steering wheel sometimes turns stations, volume or dash settings from one thing to another by rubbing up against hands, fingers or legs. Self dimming rear view mirror too impractical especially with rear tinted windows. - Throws off perspective for me. Climate control blower sounds like jet engine - but blows poorly. Cruise control "on" function blanks out digital speed indicator when first turned on is nerve wracking when setting speed. ECO mode is about worthless. Rarely works. Had checked. Response? "It's okay, you must have lead foot." - Um, it's posted 55 mph off my driveway. Only time ECO comes on is downhill or coming to a halt. Worthless for highway cruising. 4x4 with factory supplied HT's, (Highway Tires) makes little to no sense for most off road applications. Or, even driving in sand or snow in 4 low. Changed mfg HT tires at 3000 miles to AT's. Better. Help/support/loyalty? Dealers within 100 miles around here are mostly useless for anything. Tire pressure is around 60 psi front 80 psi rear TPMS setting is too high for normal unloaded driving and is supposedly adjustable by dealer - by ones who know what they are doing. None here do. Changed oil when asked to adjust tire pressure. Check everything else but headlight alignment when stating poor nighttime visibility. At another dealer? Had truck for most of day and didn't do anything when high beams wouldn't come on. The closest dealer? Blew up an engine by putting wrong oil filter on someone else's vehicle among other things. Trust them? Not today or tomorrow. As of right now the vehicle is worth around $39,000 - from $52,000! Depreciated that much already and can't even use it for normal intended purposes as general purpose P/U? Am keeping "it" for now to remind myself not to buy another over priced off scale impractical luxury car masquerading as a truck until the time is right to buy a real and more practical vehicle - to use as a general purpose pickup truck. Also, according to all I've read, you cannot now put a snow plow on half ton trucks, just 2500's and up. Even then, the 1500's or half tons are as gargantuan as the 2500's. Sometimes a person can't win for losing? Guess I'm out of luck finding a real truck until the newest soccer mom truck fad dies off? Until then, it's sitting until something more practical comes along or it lays an egg. Just like Ram did? Ticked off? Fill in the blanks? Finally and very thankfully got rid of it to someone else who could hopefully use it - or didn't know better?

Edmunds Needs To List ALL Models
By Steve Watson

2015 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Tradesman Power Wagon 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.4L 8cyl 6A)

I don't have a Tradesman, but the Big Horn with the 6.4 liter Hemi wasn't listed. Overall rating is excellent. this is my 5th Ram having purchased my first, a 1500 in 2006. I have owned (3) 1500's, (1) 3500 and now the 2500. I balanced the cost of the diesel against the cost of the hemi, and found the latter to be the better deal. I pull my 38' 10k RV behind my truck with few issues and on occasion even put my HD Ultra in the bed while towing the RV. Wish I had bought the 8' bed vice the short bed....next time. Truck pulls fine on the open road, but will struggle a bit on steep inclines. The trailer brake system works great. Transmission is fine, but at times, will shift hard when rapid down shifting. I intend to have the dealer check it out at the 30k service. I love the email vehicle status updates I get via email from Ram on a monthly basis. Modern technology....Cabin is spacious and I find it better than the competitors offering the same trim level. Price is better also! Ram needs to dump Firestone. The factory tires don't wear well. If your looking for a heavy duty truck that also gets great gas mileage, you might want to look elsewhere. Just keep in mind, the 6.4 Hemi has all the balls you may need, but fuel economy suffers. 15-17 mpg on the highway at 72-75 mph, 7-10 mph pulling the RV at 60-65mph. Cabin is well put together and comfortable. I have cloth, but the first thing I did was Scotch Guard it and continue to do so every 6 months or so....no stain issues. Seriously, this truck gets the job done at a price below the competition while offering the same quality of materials and workmanship. My wife loves driving it....that in itself says a lot about the Ram. (She drives a '17 Ford F150...).

Areal workhorse
By James Probst

2015 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Big Horn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

if your looking for a truck that can do it all, this is it. my only complaint is the gas mileage 12mpg average. to me "RAM has always said get out of my way" I have owned several RAM's all but this one 3500's diesel.

2015 Ram 2500 Big Horn 2500 4x4
By Steve Watson

2015 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie Power Wagon 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.4L 8cyl 6A)

My truck with the 6.4 Hemi wasn't listed so I used the Laramie as the model. My 5th Ram since 2006 including my 2008 dually. I just can't find a better truck for the money. I've seen other comments and really don't know what direction the authors come from. I've driven my truck through water that came up over the chrome step assists.....never had an issue. Back up camera works fine. Takes getting used to when all you have been doing is using mirrors in the past....but I have never had to make more than 3 attempts to hook up to my RV. Plenty of cabin room, has all the gadgets and doodads, (although I do miss the CD player), and it does any job asked of it. It's had a few recalls, but I think every damn car/truck in my neighborhood has too. It's towing capacity is a bit fuzzy. Ram's website says 15k other sites say 16k. Have had an Susie with tire vibration at 70-75mph but the dealer is working to resolve. I have found that bad dealer service puts a bad taste in customers mouths and they post comments about their vehicles reflecting not so much the vehicle as the dealer. I have had a great dealer, Arrigo, so I guess I'm lucky.
**** After driving from FL to Yellowstone...then to MA I learned that although the 6.4 Hemi is a strong engine, it doesn't like pulling 10k in RV Wright up hills. Lots of downshifting and high RPM' s. If I had to do it again, I would go back to the 3500 diesel dually I owned. The built in Jake brake is great. Works well but still puts a strain on the engine on steep declines. Despite this, I'm still a Ram fan.