Used 2011 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used 1500 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

75k and going

mrish, 06/03/2014
SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'm just now hitting 75k miles on my 11' Outdoorsman. It has been completely reliable to date. No issues to report at all. the only thing I've done is change the oil, air filter, and plugs. Which by the way, has to be changed every 30k miles and there are 16 of them. I have a 30' travel trailer that weighs in at 6400# and it tows it great. I use it as my daily driver and it is absolutely comfortable. MPG is about 17, mostly interstate.

My experience is different than most

Tom K, 10/10/2016
Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I see a lot of very complimentary reviews on this truck. But I've owned mine for over 4 years now and my experience has been and continues to be that, although the truck performs very well and still turns heads--including mine--with it's looks, there's been a litany of reliability problems that have changed my word-of-mouth recommendation from glowing to questioning and now I just tell people that it's been unreliable. Let's review, shall we: rattle in the front door (can't find it, and I've taken that whole door apart), doormat light under the driver's side mirror flickers, vanity mirror lights not working (these last 2 are non-fused circuits, which means it's likely the general electronic module--read expensive), very annoying buzz in the stereo (try getting this troubleshot--impossible), dropped a lifter and the camshaft got chewed up (fixed under warranty, but still an internal engine failure at 58,000 miles), and now the power steering pump is going out. What's next? I had a Ford F150 for over ten years and didn't have a fraction of these problems. Plus the 16 spark plugs need to be replaced every 30,000 miles. ~$250 a service) I really thought I'd keep this truck for 10 years or more. But now I'm thinking "pay it off and sell it". Update: back seat rattles if no one is sitting in it and a new rattle in the center console. Second Update: TPS Sensors have become a recurring problem. Can't seem to go more than a couple months without and then another one drops out.

After 3 years, still a good truck, but a few flaws

gianofan, 12/28/2014
Laramie Longhorn Edition 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

After 3 years of owning this truck and putting 44k miles on it, I thought I share a few thoughts. First of all, this remains a very good truck overall and I'm still happy with it. That said, I'm eyeing a new 2014 or 15 Longhorn and considering a trade. This is primarily due to the new 8 gear transmission. The 2011 had only the 5 gear, and there is a huge performance difference between them (which I realized after a test drive of a 2014 model recently). There are also a number of other nice new features in the newer models....

Luv my new ride

stefanieo, 06/13/2011
Laramie Longhorn Edition 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is the best I've owned to date. I have owned now 3 dodge trucks and by far this is my favorite. Exclt in comfort and looks. All the boys drool over this one!

2011 Dodge Larimie

Dave, 11/16/2010
Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

More decedent than any other vehicle I owned (have had several trucks, including 95 and 03 Dodge 2500 Diesels.) My main interest was the ram box, which limited my choices - crew only. From there I loaded it up cause I could. (A heated steering wheel is over the top, but being storing over 4200 songs on the HD is cool, since I have almost that many.) It fits a certain niche. Ram box allows me to store everything I need to carry in the boxes, and keep the cab clean. Managing about 16 mpg avg. Love the sun roof. Leather. This is an old man's truck (which I am). Better for towing (9500) than hauling (1200). Pretty and comfy - works for me. Only 750 mi so far, no mechanical to report.